A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I have a friend that really needs your prayers people...

Hybrid View

FK Times - Editor in Chief
    My Good Little Birdie

Hey everyone! I'm afraid I have another problem I have a friend of mine that has a problem and is considering suicide. I've spent the last 2 nights trying to convince her out of it, and not a second goes by that I'm not worried that shes doing it.

So, all I am asking is that everyone prays for her, because that is what she really needs right now.

Thanks a ton everyone, I love this place!

Chuck

cartoon serial killer... crazybonkers's Avatar
    Originally posted by UpNorth
    Hey everyone! I'm afraid I have another problem I have a friend of mine that has a problem and is considering suicide. I've spent the last 2 nights trying to convince her out of it, and not a second goes by that I'm not worried that shes doing it.

So, all I am asking is that everyone prays for her, because that is what she really needs right now.

Thanks a ton everyone, I love this place!

Chuck
    ummmm I think you might be playing with us, why would you give such little detail!…

I have lost a sister through a suicide…please tell more.

crazybonkers

FK Times - Editor in Chief
    My Good Little Birdie

sorry for being so vague, but it's 2:30 in the morning and I'm worn out. But I defaintely am not fooling. I'll post more details later!

And I'm terribly sorry to hear about your sister. Thats a terribly way to lose someone

cartoon serial killer... crazybonkers's Avatar
    no problem...life deals funny hands sometimes. funny being the wrong word

I am smiling

i will try to send positive thoughts your way man.

i am sorry about that upnorth. My best friend committed suicide when I was a junior in high school. I wish I had known what was going through his mind. Do everything you can for her.

If you really think she is going to do it, I would take drastic measures and get her to a hospital where someone can watch her. She might hate you for it, and you might not want to do it, but it might be the only thing that can save her for now.

Señor member
    Originally posted by Visionray

If you really think she is going to do it, I would take drastic measures and get her to a hospital where someone can watch her. She might hate you for it, and you might not want to do it, but it might be the only thing that can save her for now.
    I'd reckon this would be your best bet Chuck.

<good vibes>I'm not a praying type but hope it works out for her/you.</good vibes>

chillin like rrrrreally hard tijsch's Avatar
    I know your problem...

I had a friend commited suicide... and I know it's not fun... the difference is that I didn't see it coming...

but I surely hope it's gonna turn out better then in my situation...

good luck...

hi upnorth,

i havn't seen you around for a while here at fk, maybe you're at popedeflash, but i remember you always trying to help people, especially on fireworks problems.

i don't pray, but i will think of your friend and hope, everything will be fine.

she's got a really good friend with you!

you should stay with her, just being there is often a great help. just don't let her be alone. that's all you can do, but that's a lot.

just be there!

my prayers are with you mate

Stay positive

It really makes me sad when people consider that suicide will solve their problems. Man please do everything to convince her not to do such a thing tell her not to do it and tell her that she should hold on her self and be courageous enought to face the trials that she's having right now killing her self is not the solution it will just make her more misserable.Pray hard dude and count me in I'll pray for her

you and her will be in my prayers

:: SWiSH Junkie ::
    I know what's she is going through!
    i'llpray....
    but remember dont take her to a shrink..u dont want her to feel really bad!
    just be there for her and tell her if she does u'll join her...she might have something to think about...if she value ur life she wont kill herself!!!

It's really hard to deal with something like this, i can only imagine the strain on you. My girlfriend, before we were dating, was considering suicide. We both shared many nights together just talking about life.

Makes you think. a lot. I hope she makes it through this depression.

hey chuck
    as always my prayers are with ya
    keep ya head up

In a cavern, in a canyon,
    Excavating for a mine,
    Dwelt a miner, forty-niner
    And his daughter Clementine.
    Oh my darling, Clementine

Hey Northy ... sorry to hear your friend is in such a dire situation ... I'll keep ya'll in my prayers

Fresh Prince of FK
    That's terrible UN! I will definitely be praying for her (I just did as a matter of fact!)

My parents take in foster kids (125 kids in 20 years!). There was one girl that tried to kill her self in the bathroom with a disposable razor. I was the only one home and I had to basically 'save' her. She already had some cuts on her wrists I had to put a towel on her arms until the Ambulance came. I was only 15 or 16 at the time.

She's in a mental hospital now...

It is sad that some people commit suicide. In some cases it is the only way however for them to be freed. Although it hurts those around them, the fact of the matter is that there is a reason that they are considering such actions. Some people just can't handle what life serves them, and the only way for them to be released from the pain is to end their lives. It's sad and painfull but it's a fact of life. The interesting question is are we really doing them a favor when we try to save them or are we only bringing more pain upon them?

U.N.
    I'm praying. In addition, I added your request to an awesome resource of spiritual intervention called "World Network of Prayer".
    Take heart, friend.

Jabez

The Minister of No Crap

Its cool you're being there for her. Its good to know that there are still people out there who still care. I'll send some prayers your way.

-scott
    http://www.scottmanning.com