A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: load swf into projector causes a "flicker"!

I am loading seperate SWF's into a projector file. When the first SWF loads in there is a full screen white "flicker" for a moment. What is this? My backgrounds are black and it only does it when the first one loads the others don't flicker?

Any thoughts?

Is this on the web? Could be that the level is unloading first and the redraw happens before the new swf has been downloaded enough to show the new background. I suggest creating a level0 handler movie and load the new movies into level1 or a script that loads the new movie off stage into a higher level first and then unloads the higher level and then reloads it into level0.

This way the background will always be there.

If the movies are local, then make sure that all the backgrounds are black and not just a filled shape covering a white background.

BTW- I can't recreate your problem though.

Tim

thanks for trying

files are local. i did try all of the things you mentioned. i solved the problem by using my projector file as a one frame "container". on the first frame with FS actions etc. I load the first swf. upon clicking the projector file the flash or flicker isn't noticeable.

thanks for the response!

mike