A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Lindros a Ranger?!

Well it's final Eric Lindros is now a Ranger. Any hockey fans have an opinion on that? Oh and all you non-hockey fans feel free to leave your smart ass comments!

Funky Dutch Cactus
    i think it's good for the sport that lindros will have a chance to play again. he is a realy good player and doesn't deserve to be at the sideline like last season.

though it's not good for the pens

me, i dont like the guy, he is turning into a mush mellon ... the rangers got totally hosed i think ... i would almost put money down that before the end of the season that either a.) scott stevens or b.)darius kasperitus will blindside him and he will get another concussion .... the rangers were pushing for a super star since they didnt get jagr so they go after damaged goods... the flyers management a.k.a. bobby clarke, made out real good on it... it gets was it 3 or 4 fairly decent players with a couple could be superstars and a draft pick, that is nuts... all that for the panty waste (yes, i know he could kick my butt anyday, anyways) named lindros as you could tell i dont like the guy too much and i am a pens fan 100% so kasper k.o.ing him would be nice...

Jeff

They are also supposed to be signing Brett Hull very soon also. I REALLY wish the Stars would have just ponied up some more money and shown him respect. It pisses me off that they didnt. I mean he DID score 39 goals last year, and they DO need more wingers. Adding Pierre Turgeon to the Stars aint gonna fix it all, especially when your losing Hull.

Josh Dura

I think that he is a big baby, needs to respect the sport itself and learn that it is an honor to be playing something that he should love so much.... He has never played on a team that he didn't want to and manipulated his way out of a situation going way back to his jr. days in hockey when he was 16 years old. The Rangers are taking a HUGE risk with him considering that one more hit from a player that doesn't like him too much and his career / life could be over with quickly. Just think Eric if you had signed with Quebec when you got drafted ten years ago, you could have had a few cups by now.... oh well.

Funky Dutch Cactus
    Originally posted by jmdesign
    me, i dont like the guy, he is turning into a mush mellon ... the rangers got totally hosed i think ... i would almost put money down that before the end of the season that either a.) scott stevens or b.)darius kasperitus will blindside him and he will get another concussion .... the rangers were pushing for a super star since they didnt get jagr so they go after damaged goods... the flyers management a.k.a. bobby clarke, made out real good on it... it gets was it 3 or 4 fairly decent players with a couple could be superstars and a draft pick, that is nuts... all that for the panty waste (yes, i know he could kick my butt anyday, anyways) named lindros as you could tell i dont like the guy too much and i am a pens fan 100% so kasper k.o.ing him would be nice...

Jeff

cool, man! now i know i'm not the only fk-pens fan!

the pens are definitely my fav... did you guys hear that Hull ended up in Detroit .... saw it on the bottom of the screen while wathcing espn2 last night .... i gotta bad feeling that they are gonna win the cup (as i bash my head on the table repeadedly due to my dislike of the Redwings) they are gonna be tough to beat with the dominator in goal, plus the other guys who have been there forever ... should be an interesting season ...

Jeff

Funky Dutch Cactus
    Originally posted by jmdesign
    the pens are definitely my fav... did you guys hear that Hull ended up in Detroit .... saw it on the bottom of the screen while wathcing espn2 last night .... i gotta bad feeling that they are gonna win the cup (as i bash my head on the table repeadedly due to my dislike of the Redwings) they are gonna be tough to beat with the dominator in goal, plus the other guys who have been there forever ... should be an interesting season ...

Jeff

they did huh? wow, they allready where good, but they have made some great inprovement! i allso believe the wings can go for the cup. though the avs will be hard to beat. what about st.louis? could they go for the cup this season? they never realy seem to get it done in the playoffs. and allso the devils. they remain good

GO PENS

the only thing that may zap the blues' chance of getting to the cup is their goal tending... from what i have read they are using somebody who isnt well tested... yeah, the avs are gonna be tough, go figure with the amout of cash they got in their players the devils are probably one of the best run operations in the NHL .. they are gonna be tough as always... i wouldnt mind seeing edmonton do well, they got a good young team... but more than likely the stanley cup will be between the Red Wings and Philly (i know, forgive me for saying Philly) that is my prediction ....

Jeff

Quote:
    I think that he is a big baby, needs to respect the sport itself and learn that it is an honor to be playing something that he should love so much.... He has never played on a team that he didn't want to and
    manipulated his way out of a situation going way back to his jr. days in hockey when he was 16 years old. The Rangers are taking a HUGE risk with him considering that one more hit from a player that doesn't like
    him too much and his career / life could be over with quickly. Just think Eric if you had signed with Quebec when you got drafted ten years ago, you could have had a few cups by now.... oh well.

Very good point. Glad I'm not the only one who thinks that. I personally think he will be injured next season and not come back. Ya and the Wings chances just got a whole lot better, once you get a goalie that can stand on his head. I never liked Osgood anyway. As for the blues Brathwates is pretty good, he's gonna suprise some people. As for the Pens I think once Mario
    get his money. He should get the out of dodge. Dallas can't replace Hull, but he's another player who think's he's bigger than the team. And as for Colorado if we had Naslund and Cassles, We might have been able to squeak past them last season. They didn't seem to eager in the first two round of the playoffs. But when you have Burnaby Joe and Forsburg , who cares how bad Roy can play. We're definatley in for a better NHL season in October. And Felix is still gonna suck.

ut oh ... someone speaking of moving the pens, dont make me have to have kasper hunt you down megatoon, i am taking it you are a colorado fan... i feel sorry for you nah, lemieux wont move 'em , that is one of the reasons he bought them was so that the other bidder wouldnt move them to portland or wherever he was planning on moving 'em ... he promised the city that he would keep them there, plus they are in negotiations now for the new arena, they got the land alrady bought, now all the need is the money from the city to start planning and building .... on another note, i am about an hour and a half southwest of columbus, what are you guys' thinking on these guys (the bluejackets)?!?

Jeff

megatoon, thanks for starting this thread, i am enjoying it
    [Edited by jmdesign on 08-22-2001 at 04:05 PM]

Hey jmdesign, I wasn't actually meaning to move the Pens. Just for Mario to get the money that's owed to him and then sell his share. And I also think it's good for Olympics (and Canada) that he's playing this year (and Lindros, I guess). As for Colorado "NO", I am a Canucks fan, and of course a Sakic fan. As for the Blue Jackets. as a team I don't really think much of them. other than the fact that have a great marketing. Also it's to bad Tuggnet chose to play there, I I'd love to see him in Vancouver. I'm Canadian and I dislike expansion. Most of these teams will not be around for that long. Then where are they going to go? All the real "hockey" cities already have teams. So we'll end up with too many teams and not enough market. Is every one here an American? It's nice to hear a different veiw on the subject.

I wish the Leafs got him. That would have been cool. But Im stoked he is playing anyway he is one player that brings the game to the next level.
    as far as folks saying he is a hit away from being out for good, so is every player out there.

Go Leafs GO

[QUOTE]Originally posted by sryder
    I think that he is a big baby, needs to respect the sport itself and learn that it is an honor to be playing something that he should love so much.... He has never played on a team that he didn't want to and manipulated his way out of a situation going way back to his jr. days in hockey when he was 16 years old. The Rangers are taking a HUGE risk with him considering that one more hit from a player that doesn't like him too much and his career / life could be over with quickly. Just think Eric if you had signed with Quebec when you got drafted ten years ago, you could have had a few cups by now.... oh well.
    QUOTE]

i have said that since he joined the nhl. that big baby didnt want to go play for quebec because at the time they were a really bad team, and he didnt want to live far from mommy and daddy. so he got his wish and played in philly. now 15 concussions later he thinks bobby clarke is to mean and wants to play somewhere else. if i was bobby clarke i would have told him to piss off years ago. ok so he goes to play for the rangers, he will get smashed and be out for a few months and then he will have a whole new city to hate him. i hope they play dallas and matvichuck shows him a few stars.

Funky Dutch Cactus
    Originally posted by megatoon
    Hey jmdesign, I wasn't actually meaning to move the Pens. Just for Mario to get the money that's owed to him and then sell his share. And I also think it's good for Olympics (and Canada) that he's playing this year (and Lindros, I guess). As for Colorado "NO", I am a Canucks fan, and of course a Sakic fan. As for the Blue Jackets. as a team I don't really think much of them. other than the fact that have a great marketing. Also it's to bad Tuggnet chose to play there, I I'd love to see him in Vancouver. I'm Canadian and I dislike expansion. Most of these teams will not be around for that long. Then where are they going to go? All the real "hockey" cities already have teams. So we'll end up with too many teams and not enough market. Is every one here an American? It's nice to hear a different veiw on the subject.

i am from the netherlands.

personally i like the idea of expansion. though 30 teams seems to be the limit for me. because a lot of teams don't have absolute superstars anymore. and allso the chance of winning the cup is smaller for a now starting team, than for a team that has been around for 30 years. because they allready have a bunch of players. new teams have to stick with players that are not wanted in other teams, and very young prospects. i believe teams like nasville, atlanta, minnesota and columbus will never win the cup. take a look at what tampa is doing in the period they are in the nhl.

also i hope there will be an nhl europe league. that they'll send some nhl players to europe, and set up a competition. i'd realy like to see an nhl game irl.

btw, what do you guys think of the ny islanders? they seem to have made some progress to. atlantic division is tha place to be, it seems.

the isles look to have a good chance this year, just hope they dont do what the rangers did ... what i mean is, the rangers went and spent all this money on players in the past few years and havent won the cup and have been pretty pathetic looking... the players the isles picked up are pretty darn good ... the yashin deal was overpriced due to his apparent lack the team concept, but he will definitely give them a boost... all i gotta say is the east is gonna be tough...

Jeff

My poor, poor L.A. Kings........

We lost some good people this go'round with Blakey, and Lucky Luke gone - it's gonna be a wierd year.

We seem to have this cycle. Do good, get rid of a few people, do real bad.

Originally posted by stevy99

....the chance of winning the cup is smaller for a now starting team, than for a team that has been around for 30 years.
    Then there are the LA Kings - been around since '67 - not a good chance ever (except '93).