A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: To clone or not to clone, that is the question.

Aight the big question: Cloning, yes or no. Thoughts feelings emotions.

Me I think it is kinda messed up.
    I know that as much as people hoot and holler about my attitude, I probably couldn't handle another me.
    I mean do we really need another VAMPS around

FK Resident Amazon

No.

Science may be cool... but people need not to play god.

not a good idea.

Nobody's gonna clone me dammit i am one of a kind...

I mean, did we learn nothing from the South Park episode with the four-assed monkey?

*errrggghhh*

In a cavern, in a canyon,
    Excavating for a mine,
    Dwelt a miner, forty-niner
    And his daughter Clementine.
    Oh my darling, Clementine

Cloning scares me.

What I want to know is (I've never seen the statistics on this, but haven't really looked - yet ) ... What are and what happens to the experiments that didn't turn out? You know just sure as God made little green apples that their cloning ventures have not been 100% successful. What happens to their mistakes? What did they turn out to be? What will they be when they're full human people and what will they do with the experiments gone wrong?

not your average sock puppet finnegan's Avatar
    NO NO NO!

http://www.clonaid.com

Scared yet?

f.

In a cavern, in a canyon,
    Excavating for a mine,
    Dwelt a miner, forty-niner
    And his daughter Clementine.
    Oh my darling, Clementine

Originally posted by finnegan

Scared yet?

I was scared before - I didn't need help, Finnegan

Sweet Lord in heaven - Ovulaid, clonaid, insuraclone

[Edited by LanSite on 08-21-2001 at 07:39 PM]

didnt visionray do a thread on this topic a while ago?

Oh, CLONES. I thought you said CLOWNS.

Still, NO.

f.

I would clone my self about 20 times and send those bastards to work 24 hoyurs a day and bring me the Money!Yeah Money mo mo money SHOW ME THE Moooonnnenenenneneney!

cartoon serial killer... crazybonkers's Avatar
    Cloning!! Im not sure if its a yes no type of question..

Loving couples wishing to raise a child is no bad thing.

Governments secretly breading and testing the possibilities of human, human creations and intelligence! Pretty dangerous for our generation…but the clones would rather be alive and would be thankful…perhaps.

I tend to believe that the d.n.a, atom and chemical manipulations are now a part of our lives. If we are wise with our knowledge of such things and respect living sensory organisms the benefits are huge, from growing new organs and limbs to use, to complete bodies. Each individual cell in the body is able to create any other part of the body it came from. When I stop and think about this…its mind blowing.

The more humans find out about the world, the more magical it appears to be, I get this felling that the matter of the universes is completely malleable into any dream like thought humans have. A kind of an awake dream. Reality is stranger than fiction.

Energy is cool.

crazybonkers

It all depends...

If you wish to clone a human for no intelligent/productive reason, then no, I am not for cloning.

If you wish to clone a human organ, to save a life, i'm all for it...

There is no simple answer to this question.

9th Grade WC
    Originally posted by Hellbelowme
    I would clone my self about 20 times and send those bastards to work 24 hoyurs a day and bring me the Money!Yeah Money mo mo money SHOW ME THE Moooonnnenenenneneney!
    i like that idea
    because i am very lazy
    just as long as none of them
    go on a killing spree

cartoon serial killer... crazybonkers's Avatar
    funny man-LOL HAHAHAHAHahahaha!!!

crazybonkers

hum...I think it took them 500 tries to clone dolly. On the way to cloning dolly(who resides peacefully in scottland eating grass right now probably) they had deformations, birth defects, and mainly the little fetus sheep thing grew too big too fast and sort of died or something. Rather sad... BUT LUCKILY if they cloned humans that wouldn't happen because humans get both sets of the same dna(function) from their parents and they get 2 sets, but animals only have 1 set(the father's is turned off or something) so that's why the grow really big when they are not suppose to.

I am personally for the idea of cloning. It's a new science, it a new spectacle, it's fascinating. And im all for it curing diseases too, but if some oxymoron wants to clone himself...I say let him, it's his choice. Though if america did let people clone themselves and people repeatedly died from it other countries with bad human rights would be able to critisize us. BUT SCREW THEM. CRAZY CLONING SCIENTISTS SHOULD FLY TO SOME SECRET SITE IN THE BAHOMAS AND CLONNNNNE AWAY.

then you might get that ufo also

Originally posted by snoop_doug
    didnt visionray do a thread on this topic a while ago?
    yep. But not too many people responded.
    I guess this one has a better title.

The whole idea makes me very uneasy, but I agree it isnt really a yes or no type question.

Originally posted by Gandalf_the_white
    ... but if some oxymoron wants to clone himself...
    Was that pun intended?

f.

Originally posted by crazybonkers
    Loving couples wishing to raise a child is no bad thing.
    loving couples wishing to raise a child can adopt one of the millions of children who dont have parents. i think that is a ridiculous excuse for cloning. the only acceptable use for cloning technology is cloning body parts for transplants. our world is already overpopulated. there is no need to clone a baby so people can have children when there are so many who have no families. methinks people just wanna play god.

and mainly the little fetus sheep thing grew too big too fast and sort of died or something. Rather sad... BUT LUCKILY if they cloned humans that wouldn't happen because humans get both sets of the same dna(function) from their parents and they get 2 sets, but animals only have 1 set(the father's is turned off or something) so that's why the grow really big when they are not suppose to.
    what the hell are you talking about?

Originally posted by killabry
    and mainly the little fetus sheep thing grew too big too fast and sort of died or something. Rather sad... BUT LUCKILY if they cloned humans that wouldn't happen because humans get both sets of the same dna(function) from their parents and they get 2 sets, but animals only have 1 set(the father's is turned off or something) so that's why the grow really big when they are not suppose to.
    what the hell are you talking about?
    I was talking about the birth defects that scientists were faced with while they were cloning dolly(the sheep). Maybe I should rephrase...

While they were attempting to clone cows they were faced with a problem in which the fetus grew too big for the mother cow. However that will NOT be a problem in humans because humans inherit TWO sets of Chromezone from their parents, while cows inherit ONE set.