A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: SITE CHECK PLEASE

http://www.TELEGRAMSAMMUSIC.COM

STILL UNDER CONSTRUCTION

COMMENTS APPRECIATED

Hi Harvey

Just a couple of things:

The scroller has a glitch in it that on second rollover of the down arrow makes it start back at the beginning. It also scrolls up too far just slightly and goes over the edge of the border on your mask.

Didnt hear any sound either. The look was nice though.

~Jer~

Very nice, cannot find anything to complain about.
    It should be nice when you sync some sounds with the motions.

UNified
    Nice to see this reworked Paul.
    The only bit that I got confused over was your Music-Off- Play selection. Im assuming Music will provide a choice and the Off & Play are the on/off switch. If not then there is one word too many there.
    On the scrolling text there is a strange "dot/dash" after the line about Radio stations will play it...??
    jofta

Originally posted by harveybass
    http://www.TELEGRAMSAMMUSIC.COM

STILL UNDER CONSTRUCTION

COMMENTS APPRECIATED

could you explain to me how you did the blur, then clear effect, im doing that in my website to, can't figue out how to do it tho

You might want to remove the flash on the text (NEWS). It's really irritating when reading. Other than that, the site is IMPRESSIVE.

Instead of having the same four pics on the opening screen (guitar) perhaps select 4 different pics... maybe one guitar, one drums one bass and one mic.

Just a thought

Looks great! Very clean and professional... is it your band or have you been hired?

L8ER
    Tryple 8

Originally posted by Tryple8
    Instead of having the same four pics on the opening screen (guitar) perhaps select 4 different pics... maybe one guitar, one drums one bass and one mic.

Just a thought

Looks great! Very clean and professional... is it your band or have you been hired?

L8ER
    Tryple 8
    Just hired. I have actually started using different photos, in fact they are the photos that are in the other scenes so they actually match to where you are going. Thanks for the comments. How do I make it more professional, you see I am too much of a perfectionist and I keep changing things all the time and I am never happy with what I do! cheers.

bump

Originally posted by jofta
    Nice to see this reworked Paul.
    The only bit that I got confused over was your Music-Off- Play selection. Im assuming Music will provide a choice and the Off & Play are the on/off switch. If not then there is one word too many there.
    On the scrolling text there is a strange "dot/dash" after the line about Radio stations will play it...??
    jofta

I will do that John, thanks.

To others. opinions please

1. colors
    2.pics
    3. movement
    4.loading time (it's about 150k)
    5. navigation

cheeers

Taper Boy for the Prophets of the Funk
    harvey...

i keep thinking i'm goin' to the same site every time i check your links b/c the first 2 links are always the same (nice branding effect though).

1. the gray could be broken up....place maybe a white behind the blue light in the middle to break it up. the blinking all over the site actually got annoying after a while (home nav, gigs, etc.)

2. pics looked great. nice resolution and change of pace on the diff't parts... won't comment about hte main nav since you're changin' it.

3. again, ixnay on the ink-blay. nice transitions though. quick and aesthetic.

4. didn't (cable, so it was instant)

5. in gigs...i didn't like how i couldn't control the text. if i saw something i wanted to go back to...i couldn't (like a place / time etc.)

other than that, everything looks great so far. i like your style

3. again, ixnay on the ink-blay. ? what is that?

Originally posted by persaltier
    harvey...

i keep thinking i'm goin' to the same site every time i check your links b/c the first 2 links are always the same (nice branding effect though).

1. the gray could be broken up....place maybe a white behind the blue light in the middle to break it up. the blinking all over the site actually got annoying after a while (home nav, gigs, etc.)

2. pics looked great. nice resolution and change of pace on the diff't parts... won't comment about hte main nav since you're changin' it.

3. again, ixnay on the ink-blay. nice transitions though. quick and aesthetic.

4. didn't (cable, so it was instant)

5. in gigs...i didn't like how i couldn't control the text. if i saw something i wanted to go back to...i couldn't (like a place / time etc.)

other than that, everything looks great so far. i like your style

"3. again, ixnay on the ink-blay. nice transitions though. quick and aesthetic." sorry mate but what does that mean? thanks for the comments too.