A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Ok, need staff for the game...Starvision!

Hi mbenny, lovely footer!

Later,
    Somar!

thanks somar
    but i did knock it up in under 5 mintues!

Senior member? I'm 14!

Sefiscticated

We want this game to have a little more then the others. So rather then random luck of the enemy hitting us I think it should turn towards us to hit us. I also think that that turning prosess takes a while to do. I'm going to work on this stuff. But could some help with the duplicate move part for the shooting because I'm not good at that I'll start right now.Thanks for the help and I think that a website would be great for this game. If we can get people intrested early the grand opening should be great. If you could get like a mailing group together for tis game that would be awsome. Maybe I thinking a little ahead of myself but as magnetos said think big.

Senior member? I'm 14!

New and improved

I think that this will make the game a lot more effecient. Check this out and tell me what you think.

http://www.geocities.com/maplethorpes/ripple_test2.fla

Oh and to clear thing up about the shooting I think we should have a laser shot that if you hold it down it will keep shotting seperate ones out and not just one at a time. I wouldn't know how to do this so we need a little help.

I liek the yellow thingies -_^

Later,
    Somar!

Lightbulb Just 2 cents

Ummm, I just stuck my nose in here to see what you guys are up to, and also I tried Ripple Test 2.

Comments:
    1. Action games require high frame rates. 20 is pretty damn low. Change it to 60 and you will see how smooth ripple test is.

2. When planning a game with so many people like this, the way the "big boys" do it is by writing a design document with as much detail as possible and continually revising it.

RB

what happend to the rotational easing i did for you?

Me again. I made this a few months ago. Seems similar to what you guys are doing?

http://www.poptronik.com/tests/spacewar2.html

Click the ship to move it, then click for its destination. The idea here was that as it was moving, you could shoot, but I haven't put that in yet (and probably never will).

-RB

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

well well.....

turns out that i got unlucky guys. my pc's hard drive got fried by some weird virus, and now i no longer own a copy of the glorious flash 5. however, i am gonna replenish it soon.

thats the reason that i havnt replied 4 so long.

glad you think a site is a good idea, ill start on it soon.

Senior member? I'm 14!

McChicken Nuggets...

I took away the rotational easing because it increased game play. It took a long time to turn so I just got rid of it. Sorry for that work you went through. Thx.

Senior member? I'm 14!

help

Can someone tell me how I wouyld have an enemy ship follow the hero guy. If someone has a sample script or anything that would be great. Thx so much.

hey the rotaional easing was bomb funk, you should have changed the speed of it

i did not realise you are trygin to create a real time game, i thought it was more turn based