A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: "I am Stupid"

I am new here. I do work for Sillyinfo.com as their primary flash animator. I am working on a small series called "I am Stupid" You can check out the newest installment at http://www.sillyinfo.com/cartoon/stupid2.html

Tell me what you think
    [Edited by LLDENTAL on 09-03-2001 at 05:41 AM]

i like the picture, but you should check the html link...

i dont think my net connection knows where to find "D|/Documents%20and%20Settings/Vegtable%209/Desktop/index2.html"

just to let you know

however, those who want to see the site click here

Nice job. The sound fx, music and story were good. You have a nack for walk & run cycles, that is not apparent in most Flash peices. Although I found it kind of slow. Things should happen faster. What was up when he was thinking and then had the idea. Was that supposed to mimick a camera. Cuz without the background moving , even slowly, it looked likw he was floating around.
    Overall in was well done please post more.

Originally posted by megatoon
    Nice job. The sound fx, music and story were good. You have a nack for walk & run cycles, that is not apparent in most Flash peices. Although I found it kind of slow. Things should happen faster. What was up when he was thinking and then had the idea. Was that supposed to mimick a camera. Cuz without the background moving , even slowly, it looked likw he was floating around.
    Overall in was well done please post more.
    Thanks. The thinking part you are referring to was done that way for no particular reason. Originally, the background was going to fade to black, to illustrate deep thought while the camera zoomed in on him. But the fading lagged up my computer, so now the camera just zooms in on him. All in all I just wanted to add more movement, instead of him just standing there. I'm glad you liked it though. The prequel to this cartoon is at: http://www.sillyinfo.com/cartoon/ It's shorter, but still equally violent. Sort of.

What format is that? My system doesn't recognize it. It wants me save it to a directory on my hd. Are you sure this is the right link. The other one worked fine.

Originally posted by megatoon
    What format is that? My system doesn't recognize it. It wants me save it to a directory on my hd. Are you sure this is the right link. The other one worked fine.
    Hmm, I don't think my friend coded it properly when he set up the page. I'll fix it, i'll give ye'all a heads up when it's done.

Good job on the animation, I cracked up laughing when I saw the full shot of the guy stuck in the bush as my mind was wondering what he did to get there.

The only two things that I can critique on were:

1. The walking cycles were great on the character but it seemed that nothing really "anchored" him to the ground. He seemed to be floating.

2. I would add a gradient or rocky shadows to the hole in the ground from the explosion. When I first saw it I had troubled distinguishing it from a mud puddle or the hole, I think(?), it was suppose to be.

I would of laughed harder had the bush still been there after the explosion. Good job.

-DigitaL FusioN