A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Javascript Popup window

Javascript Popup window

Hi , i want to launch a asimple popup from a flash like this:
    on (release) {
    getURL ("javascript:window.open(\"mov/fahrtreppe_ozean_250.mov\", \"250\", \"directories=no,height=316,width=250,toolbar=no,s crollbars=no,resizable=no,location=no,menubar=no,s tatus=yes\");", "void");
    }

as you can see i used "void" as a target window which is an invisible frame beneath the frame in which my flash resides.....

I do that, because when i launch the script on the page, wehere falsh is embedded - explorer opens up not only the popup , but changes the flashpage, too and tries to output whatever is in my J-script function.....

Is there a better way to do it, cause I´vw noticed thata some users still have problems with this method !!!

Thanks !!!!

NO REPLYS ?????

try this:

on (release) {
    getURL ("javascript:void window.open('mov/fahrtreppe_ozean_250.mov', '250', 'directories=no,height=316,width=250,toolbar=no,sc rollbars=no,resizable=no,location=no,menubar=no,st atus=yes');");
    }

In the above example, placing a 'void' before the javascript isn't any reference to your hidden frame, it's a javaScript operator that just disregards the value of the operand value and returns 'undefined' And hence doesn't diplay anything in the window.

Senior Bumbler
    A simple way??

Try my smart clip

Its very popular.