A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Problems...

I have used all versions avaliable of the flash animator and I still have the same problems:
    - When I export a movie. The program crashes every 4 times that i do it. I only place elements in the movie such as text effects, images(jpg only about 23 kb maximum)and sounds (mp3 150 kb the highest one).
    -When I try to load a movie into another movie. Inside the program all works ok, but when I export the movie, the two movies (the main and the other that I have loaded into it)begin at the same time. I tryed to delay the key frame of the secondary movie but the maximum seconds value for it, is 20 seconds, and my main movie´s total time is about 60 seconds...¿What can I do about it?
    -Loading movie. I want that the loading movie finish her secuence and then load the main movie¿Is possible? When the main movie has loaded all her "things" begins to load and cut the loading movie and I want to load it completely.

¿CAN YOU HELP ME PLEASE? Thanks and more thanks (and sorry for my precarious english)

I'm not exactly sure about the loading movie, but if, in the first frame of the main movie, you add an action to hide/stop the child movie, this will keep it from playing at the begining of the main movie, you can then start it(the child movie) whenever you want to by simply adding a 'play' action at the appropriate keyframe.

-Jason

Thanks! But...

Thanks for the help, zoranvedek, your solution to my problem was the more logical one (I never thought about it), but I still have the same problem. Maybe I do the things wrong. I have put two list of actions in the elements menu (1-stop child movie and 2-play child movie) so... how can I do for start the child movie at the second or frame that I want? maybe in the actions menu? (putting a show or put action for the child movie?)
    In fact, I think that´s my main problem I don´t know how to start the child movie when I want (yes, I place a play action in "actions for the key frame", but how can I play it at the point that I want???).

Thanks, thanks and more thanks zoranvedek!

You need to put the start action into another keyframe. If you are using 3.5 then you need to click the button that allows advanced functions, you can then add another keyframe. Place this keyframe as many seconds into the main movie that you want the child to start playing, and under the actions for that keyframe set the child movie to start playing.

-Jason

..........Also, while you have the advanced button clicked, you will have the option of placing a loading movie into the movie itself. You can either create a new one, or load one you have previously created. You will not be able to preview the loading movie unless the file is uploaded to a server. The loading movie will play untill the main movie is loaded, and then the main movie will start.

-Jason

Thanks!

I have tried to work using your indications and it really works! Thank you very much Jason!