A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: A Stupid Question

resolved

I need a little guidance, and firstly let me say if you are personally going to walk me through this, explain it to me like I'm a 5 year old. (No snide remarks please)
    Anyway I have this beautiful front page put together for an all Flash site..only I don't know how to link my buttons to the next pages. In other words, when you click on them I want them to go to the corresponding page. I have Flash 5.
    Thanks in advance for the help.

LajaBless@aol.com

It sounds like your problem is that you are using Flash 5 - have you tried using 3D Flash Animator? You might find it easier to use an OpenUrl action in your buttons.

FK's official coffee addict gasbag15's Avatar
    Ok, if you want it to go to a differant scene (or in your case 'page') in the movie, you need to put a 'goto' action on the buttons and link the buttons up to differant scenes.

To do this you right click on the button,
    Then click actions,
    Then you find the 'goto' action in the list,
    After you've double clicked it, go down to the bottom of the box and find a drop down menu with the word 'scene' next to it. You then open it and select <Scene name>
    (Replace scene name with whatever scene you want your button to link to)
    And that's that.

Or if you want to link it up to another HTML page, well you need to link the button up to that page.
    To do this you go to actions and find the 'GetURL' action
    And then in the text space down below with the word URL next to it, type in the URL you want it to link to.
    Hope this helps..
    And I don't know what Robstewart is trippin' on with the,
    "It sounds like your problem is that you are using Flash 5"
    bit!