A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 182425262728

Thread: The 911 World Trade Center thread

Originally posted by pkw
    aversion

I have been watching TV all day and night and have not heard anything about happenings on the 4th plane. Could you please give details? Is that why it crashed short of any target destination?

pkw
    no one knows exactly what happened onboard that plane but it crashed in somerset county near pittsburgh. They should be able to find the black box which will tell us exactly what happened, especially with the cockpit voice recorder.

some people are saying that the americans shot it down which i find utterly ridiculous, i'm sure the black box will reveal all either way.

my bet is that the pilot fought back and the plane either crashed deliberately or during a struggle.

N' then I might just
    Jump back on
    An' ride
    Like a cowboy
    Into the dawn
    ........To Montana.
    can we leave speculation about the perpetrators to the egovernment and not spread racial or ethnic intolerance here please.
    This thread is not to point fingers but to stay abreast of what is actually happening.
    As the originator of this thread (and not as a mod)I am prepared to delete the whole damn thing if I must.
    david p.

excuse me alladin?
    i don't see anyhing but
    if you're hurt, i'm sorry and the post was removed
    peace

chillin like rrrrreally hard tijsch's Avatar
    Originally posted by pkw
    I have a curiousity question asked by several people as we were discussing the events of the day.

If there were 65 or 80 or whatever people on a plane and you have one, two or three hijackers armed with whatever. Why is there no attempt to overpower the hijackers, it is true that some people may be seriously wounded or killed, but two or three certainly cannot stand against 65 or 80? I certainly mean no disrespect to the victims and am not callous to the sufferings of the living. I'm just wondering why the survival instinct is not triggered to fight back.

pkw
    If some hijacker set's a knife to someone you won't easily try to do something...
    And in this case the passengers didn't know what was going to happen...
    They just tought it was being hijacked and that's it...

Absolutely no one expected this to happen...

Measles from Brussels
    Originally posted by david petley
    can we leave speculation about the perpetrators to the egovernment and not spread racial or ethnic intolerance here please.
    This thread is not to point fingers but to stay abreast of what is actually happening.
    As the originator of this thread (and not as a mod)I am prepared to delete the whole damn thing if I must.
    david p.
    May be you should, David, You know I normally am on another forum, but was directed here yesterday after your first post. As a middle-aged, well educated Non-American, I get the impression that this whole thread has turned into a thread where a lot of nonsense and speculations are written.
    None of this blabber will neither help victims or investigators. May the victims rest in peace, and may this thread too.

I just read this on the CNN site:

Saddam Hussein's Iraq said the United States deserved Tuesday's attacks in New York and Washington as the fruits "of its crimes against humanity."

Under the headline "America burns," the official newspaper Al-Iraq said that "what happened in the United States yesterday is a lesson for all tyrants, oppressors and criminals."

"U.S. leaders must expect such a lesson because they have shown insupportable cruelty towards people and that ended by blowing up in their face, destroying their symbols and making Americans weep bitter tears. It is the prestige, arrogance and institutions of America that burn," it said.

Overnight an official Iraqi statement said: "The American cowboys are reaping the fruit of their crimes against humanity."

Maybe it is time for the American cowboys saddle up and show the world a little "cowboy" justice.

I plan to live forever or die trying
    Originally posted by phacker
    I just read this on the CNN site:

Saddam Hussein's Iraq said the United States deserved Tuesday's attacks in New York and Washington as the fruits "of its crimes against humanity."

Under the headline "America burns," the official newspaper Al-Iraq said that "what happened in the United States yesterday is a lesson for all tyrants, oppressors and criminals."

"U.S. leaders must expect such a lesson because they have shown insupportable cruelty towards people and that ended by blowing up in their face, destroying their symbols and making Americans weep bitter tears. It is the prestige, arrogance and institutions of America that burn," it said.

Overnight an official Iraqi statement said: "The American cowboys are reaping the fruit of their crimes against humanity."

Maybe it is time for the American cowboys saddle up and show the world a little "cowboy" justice.
    Thats just horrible!
    How could ANYONE, be so insensitive and cruel?

caithness massiv
    what iraq had to say imho is a blind statement made in envy of the peace and freedom that america symbolizes

Originally posted by agent vivid
    what iraq had to say imho is a blind statement made in envy of the peace and freedom that america symbolizes
    Bin Laden also denied involvemnet but praised the attacks !

http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/wor...00/1539468.stm

A

Originally posted by agent vivid
    This is not a blind statement.

what Iraq had to say is propoganda to incite more hatred toward a country whom they feel has inflicted an injustice upon them.

Iraq is still reeling from the gulf war, the trade embargos are causing starvation and it makes more political sense to find and blame a common enemy (i.e. america) so as to deflect attention from their own misgivings and rally the population behind a corrupt government.

Hitler did it with the jews and communists aftere WW1.

The terrorists may find that the whole thing backfires. I have already noticed an increase in the idea of patriotism. US flags flying from houses and car antennas. Setting aside our inhouse fighting to present a united front to the world. Reviewing the comments from leaders of other countries, the US is drawing major support and solidarity. Whoever did this may have just underated what reactions would be in that we as a nation grow stronger not weaker.

pkw

pkw

Originally posted by phacker

i hope not.

N' then I might just
    Jump back on
    An' ride
    Like a cowboy
    Into the dawn
    ........To Montana.
    I am closing this thread. It was never meant as a vehicle for expressions of retribution or blame, simply to keep members up to date with what happened. It has done its job I think.
    david p.