A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: War is imminent

five to ten planes are unacounted for by air traffic control. More bombings are expected one just crashed in Pensylvania. Is this WW3

Demonnac
    As in my report, only 2 planes un-accounted for, 1 justemergency landed due to the thought of a bomb on-board. The next major attack is unknown. Yes, this is world war 3, once our country and administration finds out the ones behind this, it's all just beginning.

Sincerely,
    James

N' then I might just
    Jump back on
    An' ride
    Like a cowboy
    Into the dawn
    ........To Montana.
    this is not WW3, this is a concerted attack by a group of terrorists, origin still unknown.
    It could have been as few as a dozen people involved.
    david p.

this is not any sort of war, it is certainly not world war three.

this is a horrific act of terrorism, this is not an act of war. There is not a country behind all this there is a terrorist group.

according to CNN and the BBC all the planes have been accounted for now, hopefully nothign else will happen.

Dynamic Systems, Inc. mikaelian's Avatar
    this is not ww3.

this is a reflection of the fact that the post-clod-war period is over.

a new period starts. and the tools that US used against USSR are mostly useless.

what to do?

Originally posted by aversion
    this is a horrific act of terrorism, this is not an act of war.
    I'm not positive, but I had heard that the US was holding Afghanistan responsible for any attacks made by the fundamentalist groups.

This would mean that if it were found that Bin Laden was behind this, war would be declared on Afghanistan. While this is not necessarily just, this is my understanding of what will happen.

In a sense, Afghanistan should be responsible to some extent if this were the case. If there were a fundamentalist group in America known for terrorist attacks on other countries, America would be expected to and would deal with that group. Why should this not be expected of Afghanistan as well.

I know that I do not have all the facts as of now, so in no way do I feel war with Afghanistan is the appropriate measure....as of now.

- Matt

We will be going to war.

President Bush and Perez said that we need to go after whoever is responsible for this action.

We need to look at the bigger picture here, folks. This was NOT a random act of violence. It is a detailed, planned ATTACK!! The US doesn't take kindly to attacks.

There has been unrest in the Middle East for the last 4000 years or so...the terrorists were pissed because we are allies with Isreal.

President Bush is speaking RIGHT NOW....

those who harbor the terrorists will die. End of story.

Unless they are quicker then us, and since they already have war stuff ready, probably will attack again quicker then we can attack them.

I hope we can make it.

What's to say that the terrorists weren't fueled by a government, or a religion? However before they blow up ANYTHING... they should wait to more information comes around. What if the US nukes Palestine, but later it turns out Iraq did it? Etc etc. HOWEVER. I still strongly beleive that the terrorists were "hired" or something to that effect.

Originally posted by Somar
    What's to say that the terrorists weren't fueled by a government, or a religion? However before they blow up ANYTHING... they should wait to more information comes around. What if the US nukes Palestine, but later it turns out Iraq did it? Etc etc. HOWEVER. I still strongly beleive that the terrorists were "hired" or something to that effect.
    i don't think that you can hire suicide bombers.

there is not going to be a war america will not go to war against afghanistan. No matter how devastating the attacks here this will end up being a political matter rather than a military one.

this is terrorism not war.

please do not start targeting world regions with your statements people, this is no time for bigoted thinking.

FK Hardware Freak
    Emperor of Invincible Sand Castles

Let me reiterate what everyone has said.
    THIS IS NOT WWIII.
    A World war would consist of more than four countries, and this involves only a terrorist group, unnasociated to the government of its country (WE HOPE). So, we might make one big ****ing lake where that country should be, but probably not, and no ww3.

:: SWiSH Junkie ::
    all of this was unexpected!

dont be suprised if bush nukes the middle east!

i agree that this isnt ww3 !

oh
    over 800 people die at the pentagon!

Originally posted by aversion
    this is a horrific act of terrorism, this is not an act of war. There is not a country behind all this there is a terrorist group.
    Well, how you define 'act of war' all depends. It is really not such a open and closed case.

Well, I take that back.

In reality, this is quite the 'act of war' when you think about it. The problem is, where do you place the blame.

Like President Bush said, we will punish all terrorist supporters just as we treat the terrorist. So it is very early to see who/what will be attacked. But if state sponsorship has played a part, we can count this just as much an 'act of war' as Perl Harbor ever was.

We can (and will) all hope that this did not have state sponsorship, but we have to be realistic too. This is a very large accomplishment. As one person said, if we had tried to do this exact thing to Russia (I am just using that as an example) during the cold war, there is a very good chance we would not have been able to pull it off. That is how much money, organization, and control this size of a job would have taken.

Over all though, this has been a very very horrible thing. But at the same time, there may be some very good things that come from it. Maybe this will give people around the world a better resolve to fight terrorist. Maybe we can learn from this.

Maybe with a 'shelter nation shares responsibility policy', we can beat the greatest strength of terrorism; the fact that they can hide in a country, a country that may will support them, but be protected when they do such acts.

Over all, I am so very amazed that so many Americans are taking this so well, without any talk of hate at all (and yes, they do have a right to hate the people that did this, whoever that is). I have noticed so much bickering on the boards here at FK, I think that things like this REALLY gets distorted here though. People sometimes need to take some time off, and just get outside or something.

Also, it seems that we have so many people that just run around and pounce on the slightest thing that anyone says. Yes, hate talk is not good, but some people are upset, and they don't always mean things the way they sound. People that make a big deal out of every small little-bity thing are really a medicine that is worst than the sickness. We have to respect everyone. That applies just as much to people that are upset (and a lot of people are, rightfully so right now) about things that have happened today as it dose to anyone else.

I know that we all get a big kick when we find a 'big fat bigot' that we can preach at for a while, but everything has a time and a place.

Just how I see it.

returning member
    How naive we once were. There are some really thought-provoking posts in this thread, knowing what we do now.

My favorite is the bit about this being the beginning of a new era and the true end of the Cold War era.

How true.

PS: I think this is my first post in probably at least five years, likely more. I didn't know FK was still around! I dropped Flash a while ago and recently got a BFA in photography!