A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: GO USA! ... Aussies are with ya all the way......

cyberup
    Show your support!!!!!!!!
    Voice your support!!!!!!!!

May all the souls freed by tradegy find peace where ever they roam. GOD BLESS

Britain are backing up the states also

Rule to the exception
    Cyberup do you even know what you are supporting yet? I am supporting the US with a hope for a positive response. Any act of violence will see them lose my support, and that of many people I know. Do not attempt to speak for an entire nation.

Unemployed
    I'm an Australian, I can only speak for myself, not the rest of the country. I will only support the actions of the US if they are rational decisions that will result in justice. Firslty the true perpetrators of this crime need to be identified. Then those who are guilty should be brought to justice. I agree that people who harbor these criminals should also be dealt with. However this does NOT mean going to war with a country simply because a select few (who I am sure do not represent the sentiments of the majority) commit a terrorist act.

If the US were to react and take innocent lives without regard, I would despise the government and anyone that supports such a decision. You only need to reflect on the definition of the word innocent to know how wrong this would be. Killing innocent people in another country will not bring back loved ones, it will not bring back a sense of national security. It will bring you down to the level of the original terrorists.

I understand that a reaction against the guilty parties may cause the loss of innocent lives and this is a harsh reality that must be faced, but please remember that there is a vast difference between seeking justice on those who commited the act and blatently attacking people with no regard for innocent lives.

If the US was to go to war as so many Americans here have suggested they should, where would the war end? What would be the critical success factor the US would use to say "ok, that's enough!"? Will it take the complete genocide of a race of people? I have grave fears that is what we could face if a knee-jerk reaction occurs.

cyberup

Thumbs down I do

Oh well done Tommy...I have no idea what is going on......maybe you could visit my other thread on Nostradamus ..... he knows whats going on?

And of course I support a violent retaliation against Afghanistan...sheesh

You'd sing a different tune if you had lost loved ones...............chump

cyberup

Angry Hmmmm

There all here now.....really glad I bothered with this post now...

Unemployed

Re: I do

Originally posted by cyberup
    Oh well done Tommy...I have no idea what is going on......maybe you could visit my other thread on Nostradamus ..... he knows whats going on?

So Afghanistan as a nation are guilty of this crime? I missed the discovery of the evidence, the apprehention of the guilty parties and the trial, could you please fill me in on those little details?

caithness massiv
    one way or another, i think everyone would agree that american families need everyone's support in this, our darkest hour

tens of thousands of lives were changed yesterday... i know we will try our hardest to do what's right in the pursuit of justice

Rule to the exception
    Not at the cost of other loved ones.

cyberup

well at least we all support the families in the states

Show your support......
    Voice your support......

Rule to the exception
    Indeed we do. All the best to those families affected by this tragedy.

FK Official Mechanic
    Trust your mechanic

I'm an Australian too.

I've never been so stunned in all my life.

My heart goes out to the USA.

One of the darkest days in history.

Phil

Please all you guys sign this book also,...
    http://www.geocities.com/somebodies_mum

thanx a lot

Our (my family and my) hearts go out to the victims and their families - to all who are suffering because of this. No words are big enough.

Funky Dutch Cactus
    all i can say is that i live with the people that are involved in this horrible event. they can count on my hopes and prayers for this hard, unsure time.

yesterday (just hours after it all happened) i met people who were joking about the whole matter. i couldn't stand that and went into a discussion. no use, cause they still wanted to be funny. i think the part of the world that uses it's brain well is horrified by this. not trying to flame here. i think here at flashkit i have found people smart enough to fully understand what this is, and what it could mean. although we feel like we have lost all comon sense.
    let's just hope that the people who will have to handle with this situation are intelligent inough to see what can happen. i hope they will not start a war against any country or group. i hope that WW3 is not going to happen. we have all seen the prediction from nostradamous here. sutch a prediction doesn't mean that it is a fact that that is going to happen. it means that people at that point in their life can choose.

i hope we'll make the right desision.

i will copy starchie's footer here:
    peace and love.

Re: Re: I do

Originally posted by jezza

So Afghanistan as a nation are guilty of this crime? I missed the discovery of the evidence, the apprehention of the guilty parties and the trial, could you please fill me in on those little details?
    Actually, yes they are. It is well known that the Taliban government of Afghanistan has been harboring Bin Laden for years. I would certainly regret the loss of additional innocent lives, but I feel that if the evidence suggests (as it already does) that Bin Laden is behind this, an attack against Bin Laden and those who support and fund him is warranted.

The US has already tried to "apprehend and try" guilty parties involved in terrorism, but because countries refuse to turn the leaders over, nothing is accomplished. Sure, the people who actually carry out these attacks are sometimes convicted and sent to prison, but the terrorist regime continues on as the leaders are never touched.

my 2 cents

The twin towers are to the US what the MCG is to Austalia. It is a gutless attack on their national psyche and they have my full sympathy and support. Don't get too wrapped up in the words in the aftermath, the country needs to be lead and consoled. I am positive that any action the US make will be made for all the right reasons. As any person that has marvelled in Manhatten understands, the twin towers were more than just buildings.
    [Edited by Scills on 09-12-2001 at 10:31 AM]

Funky Dutch Cactus
    i had to think about a song of linkin park - runaway:

fragment:
    i wanna run away. never say goodbye. i wanna know the truth instead of wondring why. i wanna know the answers, no more lies. i wanna shut the door and open up my mind.

just sharing that with you.

Yes we should do this rationally.

Yes it could be your country next.

UK and Australia are my favorite countries, other than mine of course. It warms my heart to see the support you and your governments have shown. Thank you very much.

I don't agree with genocide either. That would make us no better. But it is hard to remain rational when you see pictures like the street parties going on in Palestine.

These terrorists are supported by governments. These governments will feel the wrath of the free world. It will be ugly. But it seems violence is the only thing they understand. I expressed my knee-jerk reaction yesterday in a flash:

<URL removed - I still think this incites racial or ethnic hatred and is not suitable for Flashkit>

First comes hot anger. Then comes cold revenge.

Unfortunatly there can be no other way. Not if you want to live without fear.

[Edited by david petley on 09-12-2001 at 08:00 PM]