A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: World War 3 : YES/NO

Plutarian(From Pluto, stupid!) kitchee's Avatar
    I see a lot a talk about no country is to blame or involved. Blah blah blah. I really wish it was that simple. Don't be fooled. It is not.

These people are mass funded and not by a local Millie or a True Value. They have smaller "cell" groups encamped through out the US.

People, other countries use this to their advantage. After this happens they cry, "We had nothing to do with it!" and hide behind the fact that no blame should fall on them.
    Extremists for hire.....

We must make an example of the counties who house and ALLOW these people (terrorists) to flourish and do nothing.

I’m not putting blame on any country but I believe soon we will find that this runs deep and countries ARE involved. Once/if this happens I say wipe the country back to the middle ages and lets end this once and for all.

PS I am not emotional and these are my thoughts on this topic. If flashkit finds this offensive then don't run an Internet forum or better yet stop ALL posts on this topic altogether.
    Sorry, I see all the deleted posts and I feel everyone should have their say whether I agree or not. Let the members filter the posts, I think we can handle it. If you find posts offensive and can't handle it then get back to the true reason for the boards.....Flash.
    I am interested in seeing ALL the posts. I don't need to be filtered or other members to be filtered.
    Sorry to ramble.... Please understand I have my total respect for you and the crew but heavily disagree with you on this!

chillin like rrrrreally hard tijsch's Avatar
    Originally posted by kitchee
    Once/if this happens I say wipe the country back to the middle ages and lets end this once and for all.
    No!

That's how you start a war!!!

If you start bombing countries their allies are going to involve themselves into that war and it will lead to WWIII

I don't know what they have to do... but not bombing...

WW3 no.
    A large continental conflict in mid east. Possible..Although we are after a group terrorists any nation harboring these (Bastards) will pay as well

there is something about this that doesnt seem right, i think this could be ww3.

I’m not putting blame on any country but I believe soon we will find that this runs deep and countries ARE involved. Once/if this happens I say wipe the country back to the middle ages and lets end this once and for all.

i'm sorry but this is just stupid. This is not something you can blame a whole country for, say this is bin laden, what you suggest here is bombing the hell out of afghanistan, a country who's people have been through hell and back for the last 30 years, they have been oppressed and slaughtered by the russians and the rebels, then after the russians pulled out there was a war for control of the country, then the taliban emerged as the strongest group, having spent the war in the south gathering (bullying) support by enforced conscription. Now the taliban are in charge of the country and the people of afghanistan are starving and oppressed and beaten down yet again by the most oppressive regime on earth and all you can suggest is to bomb them????? Do you honestly think that these bomb would hit anyone but the innocent people of afghanistan??? Do you honestly think that the religious dictators of this country wouldn't be hiding in a bunker somewhere????

shame on you. It would end nothing, you say you're not being emotional about this which only leads me to the conclusion that you're being an idiot about it.

let's kill everyone in kansas for the actions of mcveigh shall we...

get a grip.

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."

-- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

I guess we're about to find out very soon......

FK Junkie
    It is too early to even be talking about this, as many have said the victims of this tragedy are the first priority, as well as making sure the immediate threat is over.

However, once the dust has settled I, for one, do not want to see the government be complacent, and restrict their actions for fear of starting a war. A war has already been started, the priority is to prevent another attack such as yesterdays from happening again. I don't believe their will be a world war of the magnitude of WWI or WWII, since we don't have a common and immediately threatening enemy, but I also don't believe future attacks on terrorism will be limited to small retributive attacks on those directly responsible for the loss of lives. If you need to call this a "war", than the enemy is terrorism in general, not just those directly responsible for yesterdays attack. The last thing I hope for is the loss of more innocent lives, but to prevent attacks like this from taking lives in the future, it must be made clear that terrorist threats or actions will no longer be tolerated, nor will the countries that harbor, train, and supply those terrorists.

Although it has almost become cliche to state that "I am not normally emotional", I must admit that I am usually <b>not</b> an overly emotional person. That said, I think it is absurd to consider choosing measures that will restrict and change the American way of life instead of going after those who are attacking it.

I am sorry if I offended anyone has read this, but these are my views, and I am not alone.

Originally posted by thodya
    I see a lot of talk about people taking out revenge on the country harbouring these people, however it is possible that they are in a country that is unaware that they are harbouring them. Until we know who did it how can any country be accused of harbouring them?
    How is it possible that a country is not harboring these people? It takes an immense amount of funding to carry out these terrorist attacks, surely the government is aware of these terrorist groups and their activity.

If it is Bin Laden (as reports already seem to suggest), then the Taliban government of Afghanistan should be held repsonsible as it has been harboring Bin Laden and his followers for years.

good quote. i think he mean that the ww3 weapons will take the world back to a time where sticks and stones are the worst weapons - 2001 space oddesy stuff. hmm, well, IF it all kicks off, i will be ok because the north of england isn't even on the maps they have in london, let alone the rest of the world. but seriously, i hope america doesn't high profile bomb somewhere. every sensible country will condem america, as it condemed the terrorists - except the UK. our smiling fool will shout, yeah! have some of our bombs too. then who would you rather retaliate against? the us? or little britain? my fingers are crossed!

Originally posted by rwatt

How is it possible that a country is not harboring these people? It takes an immense amount of funding to carry out these terrorist attacks, surely the government is aware of these terrorist groups and their activity.

If it is Bin Laden (as reports already seem to suggest), then the Taliban government of Afghanistan should be held repsonsible as it has been harboring Bin Laden and his followers for years.
    i think he might have been refering to the fact that the people of the country may have no idea.

if it is afghanistan then it is the govt of afghanistan not the people of afghanistan who should take the blame and the punishment. It would be completely wrong to bomb or starve this country.

Originally posted by thodya
    I see a lot of talk about people taking out revenge on the country harbouring these people, however it is possible that they are in a country that is unaware that they are harbouring them. Until we know who did it how can any country be accused of harbouring them?

I want even justify the responce by Thodya.
    Impossible.

Originally posted by aversion

i think he might have been refering to the fact that the people of the country may have no idea.

if it is afghanistan then it is the govt of afghanistan not the people of afghanistan who should take the blame and the punishment. It would be completely wrong to bomb or starve this country.

Agreed, then it certainly would be the government and not the people of Afghanistan. Although civilian loss of life would be inevitable if the US were to attack the Afghan government, I don't see an alternative at this point. (Please remember that I condone this only if it is determined that Bin Laden is responsible).

We have been attacked! We must respond. End of story. War sucks...people suck..... people die... people live. This is what war is...This is what we as a country and people do. This naive sense that freedom has not be won by war is just ridiculous. A government is under attack, and a government will retaliate. This will hopefully send a message to the countries harboring these people; The message?--They will, in the future, be responsible for the actions of KNOWN groups in their counties.... Accountability to THEIR people not just the other governments affected.

War sucks….. but we have no options. We MUST protect the future of our country and make an example of ALL involved.

[Edited by kitchee on 09-12-2001 at 12:10 PM]

hmmm, so Britain should have bombed Ireland years ago. Spain should have bombed the Basque regions. The USA should have bombed Kansas.

I see your plan now, your a genius. lets solve the rest of the problems in the world by blowing stuff up, wiping out civilians for the purpose of stopping a few radicals.

What has happened is a terrible thing but many other nations have had to live with terrorism for many years.

I don't have the answers (actually i have one but its a little extreme), I doubt anybody does has but I can sure as hell tell you that waging war isn't it.

[Edited by tjko on 09-12-2001 at 12:09 PM]

nah i think that there will not be another World War but I do hope that the problem is resovled quickly. I think the best way to handle this is to send 4 nutron bombs over there to send a message to the world that america is not to be F*#%ed with Or not to be ignorant that this terrorist is put into time square and publicly humiliated and executed.

We have been attacked! We must respond. End of story. War sucks...people suck..... people die... people live. This is what war is...This is what we as a country and people do. This naive sense that freedom have not be won by war is just ridiculous. A government is under attack, and a government will retaliate. This will hopefully send a message to the countries harboring these people; The message?--They will, in the future, be responsible for the actions of KNOWN groups in their counties.... Accountability to THEIR people not just the other governments affected.

War sucks….. but we have no options. We MUST protect the future of our country and make an example of ALL involved.
    i am sorry i never flame people but statements like these are the height of stupidity in a situation like this. What you are suggesting is as bad as what happened yesterday.

once again, the people of afghanistan are not behind this attack, they are as innocent as the people in those buildings and to suggest that you have no option but to wipe them back to the middle ages is like a bad bad bad hollywood movie.

this is not a war, this was an act of terrorism by an extremist group, there os no point in retaliating against innocent people.

Originally posted by tjko
    QUOTE]Originally posted by kitchee

hmmm, so Britain should have bombed Ireland years ago. Spain should have bombed the Basque regions. The USA should have bombed Kansas.

I see your plan now, your a genius. lets solve the rest of the problems in the world by blowing stuff up, wiping out civilians for the purpose of stopping a few radicals.

What has happened is a terrible thing but many other nations have had to live with terrorism for many years.

I don't have the answers (actually i have one but its a little extreme), I doubt anybody does has but I can sure as hell tell you that waging war isn't it.

[/QUOTE]

I think it's a little ridiculous comparing the McVeigh bombing to the likes of a terrorist regime such as Bin Laden's. These terrorist groups will not just go away, they and their supporters need to be eliminated. Do you propose that we just let theses terrorists continue to kill innocent civilians without any recourse?

Originally posted by Rykor
    nah i think that there will not be another World War but I do hope that the problem is resovled quickly. I think the best way to handle this is to send 4 nutron bombs over there to send a message to the world that america is not to be F*#%ed with Or not to be ignorant that this terrorist is put into time square and publicly humiliated and executed.
    who are you going to bomb exactly??? what is needed here is a scalpel not a 2x4

once again, this is not a freaking movie, this is reality.

[Edited by Aria on 09-12-2001 at 12:21 PM]

Just for the record I take no offense to the comments to me or my posts. I hope that others take no direct personal offense in what is said here. I hope that we can all keep this in a spirit of debate and eloquence without limiting any of our feelings.

Please. All those who are saying war is not the answer please give me your thoughts on what the US should do. If not war, then what EXACTLY? I’m interested.

As for the fighting in England and other counties.... I won't comment on that just because I don't have all the facts and feel uncomfortable posting any opinions I may have

just want to remind everyone that this place is to post about developments, discuss and reflect on what happened and send our condolences to those affected by it !

Show some respect and avoid personal attacks, bad language and war declarations -

A