A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: World War 3 : YES/NO

As the world is coming to grips with the recent terrorist attacks, do you believe that WW3 will develop from this incident?

I believe that it will, President Bush is really pissed (and with reason) so I recon that his retaliation will start World War 3, between America (+ Allies) and the country who is responsible for this horrific event.

caithness massiv
    there is no country responsible for this event

terrorists did this, and they will pay... but it won't start a world war by any means

I think that it is pointless to speculate.

If world war 3 breaks out.....the terrorists have done their job
    what should be done is simple....pick up the pieces and let life go on...the animals behind this are the ones who should be caught and apprehended....not more innocent people

N' then I might just
    Jump back on
    An' ride
    Like a cowboy
    Into the dawn
    ........To Montana.
    I agree with vivid on this. No world war, just more of the same. Terrorists. As one bunch dissappears, another bunch will arise. From here, from there, from anywhere, all with the same belief that it is right to attack innocents to get a point across.
    david p.

Señor member
    There isn't really anyone that would go against the US and allies though. Certainly nobody powerful enough now that the cold war is over. I am concerned at what GWB has been saying though. Now is the time for a considered response rather than an emotional one. I know that the lives lost is a tragedy but this has global implications and GWB is already taking a very personal stance on a very global issue.

Measles from Brussels
    Originally posted by ques
    As the world is coming to grips with the recent terrorist attacks, do you believe that WW3 will develop from this incident?

I believe that it will, President Bush is really pissed (and with reason) so I recon that his retaliation will start World War 3, between America (+ Allies) and the country who is responsible for this horrific event.
    I don't believe what some of you guys are posting here: Are we going to turn this whole thing into a quiz show or what?
    Let the investigators investigate, and only hope the the American Government is intelligent enough NOT to turn this in world wide conflict, and punish those who are responsible instead of going around bombing whole nations.

chillin like rrrrreally hard tijsch's Avatar
    I agree with you...

I know many people will not agree with this, but I seriously think this is going to end in a war...

I am totally shocked... no1 saw this comming...

damn...

This post gives the chance for people to post their oppinions on the fact that this could blow in to WW3, not to just make everyone unhappy and more sad about the situation.

I am equally as shocked as u all are.

caithness massiv
    the notion of a 'world war' in today's economy and world is simply not an option, imho

we are all very much interconnected... and most countries need america to stay strong and healthy

it would be pointless to go to war hoping to destroy america... it would lead to world chaos

no... this was perpetrated by a small faction of people dedicated to hurting america... nothing more, nothing less

Quite a true comment agent vivid, and Im not disagreeing with anyone. Just to make it clear

there will be no war, to say that this will lead to war shows in my opinion a fundamental misunderstanding of the world today and the reasons and parties behind this attack, whoever they may be.

it is an understandable emotional reaction but threads like this do not help anything at this time.

The modern definition of war is very vague, warfare is not the same as it was during the last century.

It is therefor impossible to debate wether this will lead to war. Do "surgical" missile strikes constitute war ? Does a terrorist attack on the scale of that seen yesterday constitute war ? Does war need to be declared for it to be war ?

Originally posted by aversion
    it is an understandable emotional reaction but threads like this do not help anything at this time.
    You're right, we should first think on the victims, not a possible WW3!!!

Please sign this book to support the families of the victims
    http://www.geocities.com/somebodies_mum

thanx

Magik Substance
    WASHINGTON, Sept 12 (Reuters) - U.S. Secretary of State Colin Powell said on Wednesday the attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon were an act of war and promised the United States would respond "as if it is a war."

Interviewed on ABC's "Good Morning America," Powell said: "The American people have a clear understanding that this is a war. That's the way they see it. You can't see it any other way, whether legally that is correct or not."

Asked if he personally regarded it that way, Powell responded, "I do."

He added: "We've got to respond as if it is a war. We've got to respond with the sense that it isn't going to be resolved with a single counterattack against one individual. It's going to be a long-term conflict."

But he said the United States was not about to launch any military operation and did not yet know who was behind the attacks.

"We are far from selecting any particular military targets or how to go after those targets at this time. We have go to build a case," Powell said...

A world war as a whole is not going to happen. If you read the news, all stockmarkets around the world dropped since american stock exchanges closed. America has such economic might, that as many of you noted, almost all countries are connected to the states in one way or another.

The perpetrators of this disaster will most likely be caught but I really think GWB is in a bind right now. After tuesdays incidents America is screaming for blood. If he doesn't thread this ground lightly, he will lose his administration. I think another terrible outcome of this disaster is the hate that will eventually follow. I hope we can all come together and channel our energy towards more positive roles such as helping the survivors and rebuilding this great country!

eric

Originally posted by Gosm
    WASHINGTON, Sept 12 (Reuters) - U.S. Secretary of State Colin Powell said on Wednesday the attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon were an act of war and promised the United States would respond "as if it is a war."

i admire colin powell but this is understandable rhetoric, there is no one to fight, no one to blame at the moment. it is doubtful if there will ever be enough people found resposible for this to have any kind of war let alone a 'world war', which is just a ridiculous and clueless comment at this time.

the worst case scenario would be military action against a country harbouring whoever is found responsible for this. I sincerely doubt that any country would risk this in the face of serious evidence.

if you think about a war, the worst possible case scenario here, it would probably be against a country a long way away that american soldiers have no experience of, it would be another somalia, vietnam.

there will not be a world war.

If you want to have a say on how the international community should react or read other opinions , check this as well

http://newsvote.bbc.co.uk/hi/english...00/1539620.stm

A

I do not think this will lead to WW3. We must remember that no hard evidence is out and we can not lay blame at anyone until we are 110% positive who the cowards actually are. I am not convinced that this can be done.

As an Australian citizen, a citizen from a country that started as a penal colony but has never had any internal wars or armed conflict I struggle to understand how this can happen. I can also appreciate that if I were a US citizen who pays taxes to fund the largest military and security organizations in the world for the benefit of my family's safety and peace of mind I would want those who did this brought to justice. I think this is more easily said than done.

I think terrorism has graduated to become a stateless profession of the new millenium. These groups are funded to inflict harm and suffering as a proxy for US enemies. Now that the US is so clearly the dominate military and economic power in the world no other world state dare challenge the US directly. To do so would be national suicide. Instead professional nameless faceless stateless fanatics are engaged undertake acts of war by proxy. WW3 can only happen if we know who the enemy actually is. We are playing a different game now.

[Edited by Scills on 09-12-2001 at 10:16 AM]

Originally posted by Scills
    I do not think this will lead to WW3. We must remember that no hard evidence is out and we can not lay blame at anyone until we are 110% positive who the cowards actually are. I am not convinced that this can be done.

[Edited by Scills on 09-12-2001 at 10:16 AM]
    You may be getting different reports in Australia about who may be responsible for this (or may view it differently since you don't live in the US), but there are reports coming out here in the US that they have already linked suspects to Bin Laden and have intercepted communications about the attacks between Bin Laden and followers of him. And this is what has been released to the media so far. I would imagine they have alot of info. that has not been released yet.

As far as WW3 breaking out, I don't think so. But I certainly think that the US should attack whomever is found to be responsible for this. If Bin Laden is found to be responsible then I think the Taliban government of Afghanistan should also be attacked since they have been harboring Bin Laden and his group for many years.