A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Help Wanted - Where to start?

Fort Collins, CO ~In step with the steppe
    I've been challenged to incorporate three to four video clips into a Swish movie. Hopefully I'll be able to sub this out to someone and would appreciate some links, experience or other encouragements.

Fort Collins, CO ~In step with the steppe

Works with Swish

While I have Flash 5 I admit to being often baffled by it and for the most part develop in Swish. Is this Swish compatible?

Probably not, unless Swish supports something similiar to Flash 5's FS command.

Rob

SWiSHer extraordinaire
    Originally posted by ultrarob
    Probably not, unless Swish supports something similiar to Flash 5's FS command.
    SWiSH certainly supports actions such as FS command (and javascript calls etc).

If you can convert the video clips to animated GIF, you can import them directly into SWISH. Or if you can ue a tool to convert them to SWF files, you can also import them into SWISH. Or use Load Movie to load them into a level or into a sprite (== movie-clip for flash users).

Recently some guy on this forum said that his company would be bringing out a book on the topic of making swf video. This book would also contain a sample CD with software to help with task. He claimed that he'd make sure the Flash community herd about it when it came out.

Does anyone know anymore details?