A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Another movie in memory of 9.11.01

http://www.angelfire.com/art2/iac/dsn.swf

Created 9.11.01 9:15 AM Hawaii time.

What is your thoughts on what the United States should do?

I think its powerful and I definitely like the ending. Not to disgrace it but the pics could have been displayed smaller for a clearer shot and not a pixelated one. Maybe making a movie at a much smaller resolution would have been better. Still a good movie and a great message! Are you with AngelFire I have made some flyers that have been displayed on that site. Small World.

We need to be very careful, and not jump to any action. After listening to an Islamic/Muslim professor this morning on Cspan, perhaps what we should do is extend aid and support to the Palestinians, and other innocent arab citizens that suffer from the conflicts that have been ongoing for years. Use our political power to force peace talks and enforceable treaties in that area. Only when we offer support to those that have felt ignored and victimized, will they come to our support and view or side objectively. To further victimize these people with acts of retribution will only further antagonize them, and close their minds to our viewpoint. I am not saying ignore what has happened, but further unwarranted violence will only breed more violence.

Originally posted by phacker
    We need to be very careful, and not jump to any action. After listening to an Islamic/Muslim professor this morning on Cspan, perhaps what we should do is extend aid and support to the Palestinians, and other innocent arab citizens that suffer from the conflicts that have been ongoing for years. Use our political power to force peace talks and enforceable treaties in that area. Only when we offer support to those that have felt ignored and victimized, will they come to our support and view or side objectively. To further victimize these people with acts of retribution will only further antagonize them, and close their minds to our viewpoint. I am not saying ignore what has happened, but further unwarranted violence will only breed more violence.
    Unwarranted???!@!?? Where have you been phacker? And on the commment made by you to use political power to force peace talks and enforceable treaties in that area...What do you think we have been doing? These people have been fighting for hundreds of years and then we step in to try to force these people to sit down and sign peace treaties. That is one of the reasons Bin Ladin has attacked the U.S. and U.S. embassy's in the past, because we are "interfering". Although I appreciate your view, I most certainly do not agree with it. Besides this is not against the Palestinians, it is against Terrorism.

I believe terrorism should be stopped in it's tracks, but I do not want to see what happenned in Panama happen in the middle east. I also think that our interactions as far as peace negotiations in this area in the past have been more focused on economic interests, than on individual rights. How can we expect respect from people who feel that our only interest is economic and not for individual freedoms and human interests. It is only when we view the whole world with a human face and consider their lives as valuable as ours, that they will value ours.
    [Edited by phacker on 09-14-2001 at 12:33 PM]

Originally posted by phacker
    I believe terrorism should be stopped in it's tracks, but I do not want to see what happenned in Panama happen in the middle east. I also think that our interactions as far as peace negotiations in this area in the past have been more focused on economic interests, than on individual rights. How can we expect respect from people who feel that our only interest is economic and not for individual freedoms and human interests. It is only when we view the whole world with a human face and consider their lives as valuable as ours, that they will value ours.
    [Edited by phacker on 09-14-2001 at 12:33 PM]
    Do you truly believe that terrorist care whether the negotiations are economic interests or individual rights? I don't think so. They think our way of life is a sin. A sin to be free and choose. Is that what you want to try and convice these individuals? Most of the terrorists that have committed this unthinkable crime and other acts of violence, have lived here in the states for months and some years before there plans were put into place. Don't you think if these people valued our way of life, they would have seen it while training to get there pilots liscense and being free men? They don't value anything, but there "precious cause". Trying to convice a terrorist to value life is like trying to convince a hurrican not to blow. It can not be done. These individuals are brain washed and brought up to believe the U.S. is evil and a sinner nation from birth. Did you ever have a bully in highschool? Do you think it was just a matter of sitting down with this bully and making him understand your values and the value of your lunch money? Wouldn't work! You have to push back and twice as hard as he pushed you. Then the bully would understand that you will not give in and will not tolerate being pushed around. Well the U.S. is going to push back because the terrorist bully has pushed one to many times. If someone wants to stand by the bully, then that is there option. But they will fall along with him.

Plutarian(From Pluto, stupid!) kitchee's Avatar
    Do you truly believe that terrorist care whether the negotiations are economic interests or individual rights? I don't think so. They think our way of life is a sin. A sin to be free and choose. Is that what you want to try and convice these individuals? Most of the terrorists that have committed this .....[/B]
    So right..... This is about ENVY... thats it. ENVY.

Originally posted by xxcell1
    I think its powerful and I definitely like the ending. Not to disgrace it but the pics could have been displayed smaller for a clearer shot and not a pixelated one. Maybe making a movie at a much smaller resolution would have been better. Still a good movie and a great message! Are you with AngelFire I have made some flyers that have been displayed on that site. Small World.

Thanks, I went ahead and changed the images. I figure the file may be a little larger but in memory and honor for those who were lost I think it's worth the wait.

Aloha - Marc

Plutarian(From Pluto, stupid!) kitchee's Avatar

Screen saver

Ok its made and sent.... Pleas try to post it for people to DL if possible...
    later
    kitchee

Aka ozonew4m

nice one