A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FORGIVE 'EM...

Originally posted by swampy
    RuneVolker: calling people pansies does not support your cause.

As a post script to your earlier post regarding Chemical weapons. The terrorists have already effectively carried this out.

There were thousands of tons of asbestos in the world trade center towers. This is now powderised and blowing around New York.

Asbestoses is a terrible desease, there was an asbestos factory in Leeds, where I live, which was closed down some 20 years ago. People living in the area are still suffering respiratory problems.
    Yes it has been done in either japan or china I believe.

It was attempted in the first trade center bombing in the 90's as well but luckily the chemicals were vaporized by the explosion.

Imagine a massive chemical or biological attack in downtown Los Angeles or any other metropolitan city on a large scale. The attack carried out in Japan or China was not that large but affected many people. A large attack which we should be anticipating would be devastating with long termn ramifications.

[/QUOTE]

if you can make love while watching people die in the most horrific of mannares *newsflash*- brought to you liveby CNN - *newsflash* then you are a very sick individual. [/B][/QUOTE]
    That sounded so much better in my head.

Originally posted by RuneVolker

It was attempted in the first trade center bombing in the 90's as well but luckily the chemicals were vaporized by the explosion.

Imagine a massive chemical or biological attack in downtown Los Angeles or any other metropolitan city on a large scale. The attack carried out in Japan or China was not that large but affected many people. A large attack which we should be anticipating would be devastating with long termn ramifications.
    It was in Japan.

Asbestos was used in the construction of the world trade center and has subsequently been powderised and dispersed in it's destruction. They didn't need to construct a chemical weapon, there was one there waiting for them.

Originally posted by Shaking Glass
    bond, (Terrorist leg humper)
    I think there is a fantasy land you need travel to. So pack up your bible and your game boy and go.
    grow up. infantile name calling shows your ignorance. Either make pertinent points to the debate or leave.

THANK YOU SWAMPY..

May be you are the only one who understood my point..CDC did not found and dangeros vapors..you need at least 30y of non=stop inhalation of the asbestos in order to get mesotelioma..

Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.

Thou shalt not kill.

Thou shalt not commit adultery.

Thou shalt not steal.

Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.

Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour’s house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour’s wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour’s.

Originally posted by Shaking Glass
    bond, (Terrorist leg humper)

Yea, That was a little extreme.

Wizard of preloaders
    Great master of web searches

But if there is serious injury, you are to take life for life,eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot,burn for burn, wound for wound, bruise for bruise.(Exodus,21)

...And the rockets red glare
    The bombs bursting in air
    Gave proof thru the night
    That our flag was still there...

Wizard of preloaders

To me belongeth vengeance and recompence; their foot shall slide in due time: for the day of their calamity is at hand, and the things that shall come upon them make haste.(Deuteronomy,32)

Wizard of preloaders

And calling upon God the righteous Judge, he came against those murderers of his brethren, and burnt the haven by night, and set the boats on fire, and those that fled thither he slew.(2nd Maccabees,12)

THE GREATES VICTORY FOR A WARRIOR IS THE VICTORY ACHIEVED WITHOUT A FIGHT..

Sun Zu
    [Edited by Mad-Sci on 09-14-2001 at 04:21 PM]

stop blindly quoting religious passages, religious zealism is partly the reason for the disaster that was inflicted by terrorists on the World Trade center
    steve wilmers 14 September 2001

Worst case scenario:

America invades Afghanistan.
    Pakistan defends Afghanistan.
    India sees an opportunity to retaliate against Pakistan.
    Arab countries side with Pakistan.
    Israel sides with India.
    We all die.

Israel, Pakistan and India have nuclear capability.

[/B]
    This is how I see it. Except as soon as the US invades Afghanistan every wacko extremist will attack the US.

Regardless of whether or not Bin Ladin did this he needs to be brought to justice- Just not through an all out war that will spark more war.

It was in Japan.

Asbestos was used in the construction of the world trade center and has subsequently been powderised and dispersed in it's destruction. They didn't need to construct a chemical weapon, there was one there waiting for them.

Asbestos is no where near the threat that anthrax is. Not even close

Here's the proof.
    http://www.anthrax.osd.mil/HTML_interface/default.html

Here's the proof.
    I never claimed it was, I merely pointed out that there is a lot of it floating around in the air in New York at the moment due to it being used extensivley in the construction of the world trade centre.

Areas of the Shetland Islands, off the coast of Great Britain, were contaminated with anthrax during WWII when Britain was considering it's use for warfare.

The Islands in question are still uninhabitable some 60 years later.

My father is in the Air Force and I have read all the fascinating (unclassified) material that concerns itself with nuclear, biological and chemical warfare and beleive me there are scarier substances than anthrax.

[Edited by swampy on 09-14-2001 at 05:06 PM]

i dont think india is going to get involved?

FK Official Postman
    Originally posted by gurdas
    They, along with pakistan have allowed the US to base troops off of the 2 countries (from what I heard).

Here's the proof.
    I never claimed it was, I merely pointed out that there is a lot of it floating around in the air in New York at the moment due to it being used extensivley in the construction of the world trade centre.

Areas of the Shetland Islands, off the coast of Great Britain, were contaminated with anthrax during WWII when Britain was considering it's use for warfare.

Yes and today's spores are much more lethal.

The Islands in question are still uninhabitable some 60 years later.

My father is in the Air Force and I have read all the fascinating (unclassified) material that concerns itself with nuclear, biological and chemical warfare and beleive me there are scarier substances than anthrax.

I know, and thats the scary thing about our future.

[Edited by swampy on 09-14-2001 at 05:06 PM]

If Pakistan get involved then I think there is a possibilty that India will get involved. I don't need to tell you that they do not see "eye to eye" over Kashmir and this may be the excuse they need to settle the dispute onec and for all. As I said this is my view of a worst case scenario

Originally posted by kb1827
    They, along with pakistan have allowed the US to base troops off of the 2 countries (from what I heard).
    From what I have heard Pakistan has not agreed yet. In fact Pakistan was warning the US that they would retaliate if we just go in and bomb Afghanstan just yesterday.

Also a note here is that the Taliban is not seen by most countries as the legitimate goverment in that country. In Iran, and we know how liberal and moderate they are, it is an insult to be called as harsh as the Taliban and in general they critisize them for being to extreme.