A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: FORGIVE 'EM...

Americans,
    The time has come to show to the world the real meaning of the word christian. Forgive the terorists, release the arested people if any, do not seek vengance, do not hunt down O.bin Laden. Pull the troops from the midle East, all military personal, jurnalists, american people working in thouse countries, get the guys back home. Declare that the USA will not interfere with any international problems anymore, provide only medical help and suplies.

I think this is what USA should do,

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR..

James Bond

Magik Substance
    From one extreme to the other...

But I think this wouldn't be possible. There's to many hate around this times...

In a cavern, in a canyon,
    Excavating for a mine,
    Dwelt a miner, forty-niner
    And his daughter Clementine.
    Oh my darling, Clementine

Just out of some sort of bizarre curiosity, James Bond ~ what do you propose we do to insure this does not happen again ~ anywhere? Bring the people up and make them promise they're not gonna do it again?

Originally posted by James Bond
    Americans,
    The time has come to show to the world the real meaning of the word christian. Forgive the terorists, release the arested people if any, do not seek vengance, do not hunt down O.bin Laden. Pull the troops from the midle East, all military personal, jurnalists, american people working in thouse countries, get the guys back home. Declare that the USA will not interfere with any international problems anymore, provide only medical help and suplies.

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR..

James Bond
    I respect your opinion, but I completely disagree with you. We need to take a stand and elimate these terrorists so that they don't attack us again.

Dont you feel it people..It was said that Jesus will come back and we think that he will come in form of human beeng like me and you..I think He already came..in form of a nation wich in this moment stands like one. Eye for and eye will make us blind..Forgive the terorists and send a mesage so poworfull that it will touch each and evry soul on this planet..people will realase that besides hate and death there is something more beatufull and that is PEACE and LOVE. May be you think Im deeply religious in fact Im not I have not been in church even..but this made me realise the idea in christianity..it not saving my personal soul its about making the people better man..if we have to be crucified for that Ill go for it..

James Bond

perhaps it is time that we all learned the lesson that is before us

we do not know who did this

at around 0230 today london time CNN were in the position of having to apologise to one indivdual that they had named as definatly having been one of the terrorist pilots that was in command of the airliners after he announced that he was in fact alive and well and living in america. as for the other positive identification, a man with the same surname who had been labeled as the first man's brother, it was discovered that he had died last year in a light plane accident and was in no tangible way connected to the first man.

unfortunatly this is the only time i have seen this, as CNN are reluctant to seem to be inacurate, although they had spent the better part of the day naming these men.

peace and love

starchie

Originally posted by starchie
    perhaps it is time that we all learned the lesson that is before us

we do not know who did this

at around 0230 today london time CNN were in the position of having to apologise to one indivdual that they had named as definatly having been one of the terrorist pilots that was in command of the airliners after he announced that he was in fact alive and well and living in america. as for the other positive identification, a man with the same surname who had been labeled as the first man's brother, it was discovered that he had died last year in a light plane accident and was in no tangible way connected to the first man.

unfortunatly this is the only time i have seen this, as CNN are reluctant to seem to be inacurate, although they had spent the better part of the day naming these men.

peace and love

starchie
    There is plenty of evidence out there that points to bin Laden and his group. Sure, there are going to be some mistakes made and some people have been mis-identified as suspects. But, in my opinion (and now that of the US Government), bin Laden DID organize this attack. You certainly have the right to believe that we still don't know who did it, but I, and other people, have the right to believe that bin Laden did do this based on the evidence we have before us.

Señor member
    you can't just release someone with a "slap on the wrist" for something like this. Even though it has still to established who was responsible for the attacks, it is almost (although not) a declaration of war on the US. How could you suggest this sort of live and let live solution for this incident?

The matter needs to be resolved in an international court and the perpatrators bought to justice and punished in a matter most fitting the magnitude of the crime. Along with this, as GWB stated, the country/ies harbouring and helping these people should also be bought to account.

It's the only way to attempt to stop this sort of act in the future.

James Bond, now theres a blast from the past. where have you been ?

Glad to see that you are back posting wild opinions designed to provoke

I really don't think anyone will forgive them.
    If we do, it'll be like saying that's OK and be my guest and do it again.
    You do have to find those who did it. I mean if you let them go, they will continue doing it again and again.

That is all I have to say.

Americans,

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR..

James Bond
    There were wars in Biblical times as well. If you read the bible it speaks of great wars. I believe there to be a line that states" and they were struck down by the mighty hand of God". So you see JB, even way back then, Christians had to fight for causes. And Christians and non-Christians alike will fight for this one. Look at it this way....if the world doesn't respond as it will and should, then you could be the one sitting on the next plane headed for someone that I love. Will you still be saying MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR?

Originally posted by jamble7000
    you can't just release someone with a "slap on the wrist" for something like this. Even though it has still to established who was responsible for the attacks, it is almost (although not) a declaration of war on the US. How could you suggest this sort of live and let live solution for this incident?

The matter needs to be resolved in an international court and the perpatrators bought to justice and punished in a matter most fitting the magnitude of the crime. Along with this, as GWB stated, the country/ies harbouring and helping these people should also be bought to account.

It's the only way to attempt to stop this sort of act in the future.
    Sorry, but I don't think that trying anyone in an international court would do any good. These people could care less if they are prosecuted. And besides, bin Laden has already been indicted by the US for prior terrorist attacks, but Afghanistan has refused to turn him over. IMO, the only way to stop this terrorist threat is to eliminate the problem.

What really, really makes me laugh about what James Bond has said is to show the real meaning of the word christian.

Religion should be banned as it is the cause of most of the world's conflicts.

if theres any thing i agreed there....it's that a war should be avoided...all thats gonna end up to is a battered world with more dead people.
    but the terrorists should never be spared....those animals deserve to be burnt alive
    they were responsible for taking away the lives of tens of thusands of people.....not jay walking

Señor member
    Originally posted by rwatt
    Sorry, but I don't think that trying anyone in an international court would do any good. These people could care less if they are prosecuted. And besides, bin Laden has already been indicted by the US for prior terrorist attacks, but Afghanistan has refused to turn him over. IMO, the only way to stop this terrorist threat is to eliminate the problem.
    Although I said it, I agree with you...let me elaborate...the courts will come into this at some stage, once whoever is responsible has been captured and (probably) illegally ghosted out of whichever country they are hiding in. Although a great public event will probably be made of any capture/arrests, this will never be by common standards a "fair trial". The terrorists will vanish once caught and anyone found helping or harbouring them will probably incur the same fate.

I personally feel that the Israeli approach to terrorism will be seen on a much larger scale once the US gets into full swing after this tradgedy.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by jamble7000
    Originally posted by rwatt
    Although I said it, I agree with you...let me elaborate...the courts will come into this at some stage, once whoever is responsible has been captured and (probably) illegally ghosted out of whichever country they are hiding in. Although a great public event will probably be made of any capture/arrests, this will never be by common standards a "fair trial". The terrorists will vanish once caught and anyone found helping or harbouring them will probably incur the same fate.

I personally feel that the Israeli approach to terrorism will be seen on a much larger scale once the US gets into full swing after this tradgedy.
    I see your point. I'm not sure that it will get to the point where the terrorists are captured. It may be too late for that, and I don't think that the majority of the people in the US will be satisfied with simply putting these people in jail, or even executing them via the court system. I guess we'll see.
    [Edited by rwatt on 09-14-2001 at 12:33 PM]

Americans,

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR..

James Bond
    i will accept your position on this, but to do such a worldwide and world changing event would require you to have some knowledge on how the world works...

i am sorry to say - but i dont trust you have any

you seam to enjoy life and keep doing it - if you can escape the world then do it, i am jealous that you do not see the world like me - but unfortunatly i live here everyday

if we where to go ahead with your plan then america would be no more... for the solid reason that other people who you forgive would come and take it from you

cs

forgive???

Apparently you only want to see things from your side of the window. If you look at their perspective of us you would see that these extremists see our way of life as the an ultimate sin. helping these people no matter which side will enrage another. They believe that their lives in the desruction of our way of life is a noble sacrifice. These people are EXTREMISTS they will not respond to acts of kindness. These people are a cancer on they world and the only way to be 100% cured of a cancer is to eliminate it in its entirety.

Señor member

Re: forgive???

Originally posted by wooten
    Apparently you only want to see things from your side of the window. If you look at their perspective of us you would see that these extremists see our way of life as the an ultimate sin. helping these people no matter which side will enrage another. They believe that their lives in the desruction of our way of life is a noble sacrifice. These people are EXTREMISTS they will not respond to acts of kindness. These people are a cancer on they world and the only way to be 100% cured of a cancer is to eliminate it in its entirety.
    Strong words. I think at this time it is important to bear in mind that nobody has actually admitted responsibility for this crime and there is as yet no statement from the US to say they have firm evidence as to the identity of the terrorists. (I know everyone has what could be called a good idea about it)

These people, have as much right to their beliefs as you or I, it is sadly the way that a minority take them to such extremes that it reflects badly on their religion as a whole.

I'm off home now but I'll check back on this one as it's developing into a good and interesting discussion following a somewhat shaky start. Regards.

Re: Re: forgive???

[QUOTE]Originally posted by jamble7000
    Originally posted by wooten

Strong words. I think at this time it is important to bear in mind that nobody has actually admitted responsibility for this crime and there is as yet no statement from the US to say they have firm evidence as to the identity of the terrorists. (I know everyone has what could be called a good idea about it)
    NBC is reporting that the US Government has concluded that bin Laden is responsible. Here's what they say:

"The Bush administration has concluded, based on “overwhelming” evidence, that the al-Qaeda organization run by Osama bin Laden executed the attacks in which U.S. jetliners were hijacked and flown into the World Trade Center and the Pentagon, government sources told NBC News’ Jim Miklaszewski."

Good enough for me.