A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Trying to get a font to export properly...help me ?

Hi...I am trying to get a font (one of the neat little ones) to show up crisp on export...

When i Antialias Text it gets blurred letting me know it wont export properly...

If i try and break it apart it gets ruined....

All these cool sites that use this font (from miniml.com) must be able to embed these fonts for export other than importing them as a graphic no ???

Any help on getting my tiny fornts crisp on export would very much appreciated.

Smile The Answer

I had this problem before and many others have as well. First find out what pt. size the font should be used at. I think miniml fonts are multiples of 6 or 8. It needs to be static text with nothing checked. The key is that any text you use has to be on whole # x,y coordinates like 5.0 not 5.2. You have to make sure the text inside the symbol and on the stage or in a movie or button or anywhere it may appear has to be on whole # x,y coordinates. Then you shall have fresh crisp and clear type for the masses. Remember when you test your scene it will probably look blurred. You can't know for sure until you publish it.
    PEACE MAN

OK...Yer the man....That worked...Whole # x_y action is the way !...Much appreciated man....And oh....i realized theat FK actually has a help section titled "fonts"...im dumb
    JBOMB