A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Your feedback on a Flash Design site

Hey, we are just a couple of guys that started up a small flash business, ( who isn't) and I wanted the world flashers to give feedback on our site. ( don't be too harsh now..) =) but we would love to hear the pros and cons of our site, as so we can design a better one.

Thanks so much, WeC2

http://www.wec2.com

Senior Moderator ®
    FK´s Banning Machine ™

Hi Wec2

I like people that can control sound . Great use of them and not overdone . Some of the txt runs to fast away.
    Also think you can speed it up abit.
    Nice work.

Angry

Very nice. Seemed liked it downloaded quick too. Maybe a litte too much in the text effects department on some of the scenes -- kind of waiting to much for the text to display. Overall, well done.

great use of sound, really well done but i'm not so keen on your visuals.. for example i have a personal thing (it dates back to when i was a child, long story) against those gradient shaded bars along the edges of the site.. i would prefer flat ones, and i don't like that font much.

other than that i would agree with christian that there may be too many text fx going on.

the animation for the naigation graphic is great.

good luck guys!

--Yea, we probley pushed the text effect stuff a little to much.. it was just soo cool when we first got that figured out...

thanks guys..

WeC2

super nice site!!!

the text effects are fine... i would leave them.. in an intro, it works... i love the music on you buttons, its neat!

one thing, is that because the of the wec2 thing, the site is kinda choppy sometimes.

your navigation is a novel idea...

the first change though would be to get rid of those atrocious grey lines at the top and bottom... they dont fit. maybe pit some faded yellow bars with the little tears like in yout text...

overall excellent...

btw, what is that wonderful old looking font you use? i love it.

please get rid of those horrible lines man, they let the rest of the site down badly

just my opinion!

boy, no one is liking the shaded lines.. hahah.. the main reason they are there is to separate out the area of activity, to keep everything concentrated in the center...

the font is papyrus... I thought it was pretty cool actually..

resolved

Very sleek, my man! I'm glad you've made use of letterboxing! The nav wheel at the bottom of the page makes it cake to surf.

As someone who realizes the future of online, I hope you can check out my site: http://flashstart.com It's an all-flash portal. Any suggestions you could offer would be of help.

Your Flash technic is much much better than me but it seems like every single item doesnt match eachother *no hard feelin* ok?

Quite good

Well Done !
    site is too slow .. movie is a little bulky.

Im new to flash butt ,, Man I thought it was GREAT

I WATCHED IT 3 TIMES I LIKED IT SO MUCH ,

: )

Re: Im new to flash butt ,, Man I thought it was GREAT

great work guys !

keep it up !!!

wii

Thanks for the input guys, we are proud of our site, but defiantly have room for improvement.. ( always..)
    It is cool to hear the differing opinions on Look and Design.

-- -- WeC2

design and music

Well, there are way to many text effects, are you tryint to use every trick you know? everyone is doing the same thing a the moment with this stuff.

I like the use of music, however, you said this is a bussiness...I know that is not your own music, do you own the rights to use it? If not, and since you are a business, you need to be very careful with copyright issues.

The font is OK for the titles, but is hard to read and gets a bit much when used for body copy.

Once again, dicky tect effects passed off as good design.

Good stuff

I had my head phones on - loud - and was temporairly looking away from the screen and that thunder at the beginning frightened the ****e out of me.
    It's a cool site but shouldn't you be saying downloading instead of uploading?
    Yeah those bars top and bottom - a grad. might be better.
    Type effects too rich for my liking. Loved the classical music. The eye is a bit too persistent and should change to something else. Very nicely edited and I liked the round menu. All in all a brave and clean piece of work. Well done...

Great site. It would help the site if every thing was speed up a bit. But overall nice site!
    (BTW whoes footer has the really annyoing lighting souund on it?!)