A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: I need help convincing hat Win ME is NOT the answer

FK Official Postman
    Ok, I take it that you read the title...

Ok, what I ned to do is convince someone that Windows ME is really really bad, and give them reasons. They believe that because MS has all the money, they wouldn't come out with a horrid product. Couls you guys give me as many (truthful) reasons as possible to why win me sucks?

Thanks

Flashkit's only lefty
    why would anyone wanna upgrade to me when xp is comming out? i will untill the service pack for xp to come out before upgrading from 98.

FK Official Postman
    Originally posted by saadpilot
    why would anyone wanna upgrade to me when xp is comming out? i will untill the service pack for xp to come out before upgrading from 98.
    No no, they want to get a new pc, and are torn between formatting and getting 2k, and sticking with WIN ME forever...

Ugly with a capitol F Ekostudios's Avatar
    Me new computer (now 8 months old) has WinME on it and it crashed constantly. There were MANY incompatability issues (joystick AND camera didn't work)

Disconnecting a USB while the computer was on resulted in a crash, defeating the point of USB plug-n-play.

Randomly deleted files (i had to back up on my mp3 player)

Random shutdowns
    ---------
    So, i got fed up w/ it after about 4 weeks and bought win2k.

Formated and installed it.

now ive never had a glitch ever!! not ONE crash or bug!

And yes, I tried EVERYTHING with no avail.

I just got a new computer with ME, and it refuses to let me change out of the horrid 800x600 reso.

Flashkit's only lefty
    Originally posted by Fruitloops
    I just got a new computer with ME, and it refuses to let me change out of the horrid 800x600 reso.
    lol smack it and show him whos da man wieard!

i agree with you 110%

winME was the worst thing m$ ever came out with, my experience with the people who have no problems are wither very very lucky [as in win the lotto twice a week] or don't do much on there computer rather then play windows games and read hotmail

i have me in work... they pay me at least an hour extra a day for just rebooting, waiting for lag and all other problems that i dont experience at home on win98se

if you speak to anyone who 'lives in computers' and also who go thru a load of software - not one of them will advise in getting me

ffs - i would rather be running win3.11 in work, rather then the stupidity of me

in saying this tho, i also believe that winxp might be the same as winME was to 98se, as upgrading win2k to me - basically winxp prob gonna be crap

who knows tho - i am supprised with ie6 - that seams to be working fine?

tell your friend not to get me, if they ask why - tell them that to know you need experience... if they wanna get it, then let them - its there won fault

also, after xp - dont expect to see many products being made and tested under me

cs

FK Official Postman
    Thanks all, any more?

Originally posted by Fruitloops
    lol smack it and show him whos da man wieard!
    That's how the last one died.