A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Comments on CD Presentation

Heres the deal Im making a cd presentation that I'm using swish and swiff to make it. I have it close to being done, I propped the incomplete projector file up to the way that it will look when I'm finsihed making it. The more input i get the better.

You can download it here http://www.truimage.net/presentation beta1.exe

I think it's good...but I'd like a way to navigate through the presentation...and close it if I'd like to.

How do you get the movie to play with no window around it? What are your movie settings? I'd like to make one too.

Last question...do you need to include a Flash viewer when you distribute the movie? Where do you get it?

Originally posted by jsidney
    I think it's good...but I'd like a way to navigate through the presentation...and close it if I'd like to.

How do you get the movie to play with no window around it? What are your movie settings? I'd like to make one too.

Last question...do you need to include a Flash viewer when you distribute the movie? Where do you get it?
    No flash player is needed to run the file. To make tansparent borders you need either Swiff Canvas or *********** Jugglor w/JShaper. You make a projector file from the exported swf and then you use either of those programs to further edit it.

My humble suggestions :

1) add an exit button

2) make the presentation interactive through means of a menu.

3) Add some sound and voice overs for the main text items.

4) Fade effects are really slow.

5) A transparent background distracts the client from concentrating on your presentation in case he has (most often) other programs running in the background.

You need to grab the user's attention. Add an EXIT button. Also, a PLAY and STOP button would be nice. (Give total control to the user.) Furthermore, the movie seemed kinda boring. (You don't want your user to leave before the ending of the movie.)

The effects are s-l--o-w.

I do agree with the "slowness" of it. Also with the lack of control for the user. Each "scene" should have a "next" or "back" button. And yes, sound does help! Other then that, great start!

Mike

Ok thx I'm going to add player controls(next,previous,print, pause,stop, play, etc..)Of course I'm going to add sound and sound controls but for now its better without until Im finsihed with the design.I should have mentioned that it is a cd presentation for face to face meetings. They want it slow so they can read and further ******** it with out having the rushed feeling.I am defintly going to add a intro to the begining as well. I will post an update in a couple of days for more input.Thx again for letting me pick at your brains.

Posting an update. My first link is no longer active.

http://www.truimage.net/presentation beta2.exe

I still have to add sound & sound controls as well as an intro.