A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: A little help please...

Ok, I have found an actionscript that allows the user to hit a button and a random "Quote of the Day" is generated and displayed. The script I used is as follows (I used it to randomly generate tournament formats for a game I am a company sanctioned Judge in):

on (release) {
    var index=24;
    var text0="Kill 'Em All - Euro 40-4<br>Legal decks will have exactly 20 assets.<br>All Assets of your opponents must be destroyed in order for you to win the game.<br>No assets may be in a city with an HQ, and no assets with stealth more than 1";
    var text1="Frozen Highlander----Ant 60/1";
    var text2="Peace Conference<br>Euro 90-2<br>No attacks until turn 10 has been completed by both players.";
    var text3="Builder's Rumble-Euro 40-4<br>You may use 1st Edition, and any other 2 sets ONLY! (event coordinator will decide which other sets the 2 should be, generally the most 2 recently released)<br>Watch the output of Generators";
    var text4="Common and uncommon Only.";
    var text5="On The Run<br>Euro 50-4<br>Mobile HQ ONLY!Thalman and Acid Rain banned.";
    var text6="Antarctica 30-4<br>No Very Rare's!";
    var text7="Europe 40/4<br>No Programs or Interventions.";
    var text8="Special Service Rumble<br>Euro 50-4<br>Your deck MUST include 2 each of two different Veteran cards, and at least 3 each of their original state (ie...3 saro's and 2 saro vets + another set of vet/original in the same amount)";
    var text9="Noah's Ark<br>Euro 50-2";
    var text10="5, 6, or 7 round swiss format.<br>Euro 40-4<br>You play people with the closest record in the tourney. ";
    var text11="Slit your wrist<br>America 40-4<br>First person to destroy their own HQ wins.<br>Last Stand and Wormhole Shield banned.";
    var text12="Domain Tourney<br>Euro 40/4<br>Player must only use one domain.";
    var text13="Domain Treaty<br>Euro 40/4<br>Player must use 2 different domains, no more, no less.";
    var text14="Weenie Roast<br>Euro 40-3<br>No assets with deploy cost above a certain number (3 or 4 is best).";
    var text15="Hostile Takeover<br>Asia 50-3<br>All assets must have military in their deploy cost.<br>Arms Export Contract and Military Surplus are banned.";
    var text16="Fortune Teller's Convention<br>Asia 40/4<br>All assets must have at least CA of 2.";
    var text17="First Strike<br>America 50-2<br>First person to do ten damage to opponents HQ wins.<br>No interventions or programs.";
    var text18="Darwins Nightmare<br>Euro 40-4<br>All decks must contain 4 Worker Sims and 2 Gaean Trainers.";
    var text19="Ocean Voyage<br>Pacifica/Antarctica 40/4<br>All Bases are banned.";
    var text20="Links to America<br>America 40/4<br>Must use Hive HQ, rain is banned.";
    var text21="UnderWorld Meeting<br>World 40/4<br>Must use Underground HQ.<br>Programs are banned.";
    var text22="Matrix<br>Euro 40/4<br>Team Mechs vs Team Humans<br>All Luddites and UNWCT are banned.";
    var text23="Taking the Census<br>Pacifica 60/3<br>First person with 20 assets in opponent's HQ wins.<br>Must attack to show unseen assets.";
    var text24="Yard Sale<br>America 50-4<br>First person to have an asset with 6 gear/items on it at opponents HQ for 3 of his enemies turns wins.<br>Asset must be visible for the turn to count<br>Sprawl thief may be used.";
    var n = Math.round(Math.random() * index);
    _root.display = eval("text" + n);
    }

I would like to know how I would code the script above so that it can generate the required random response, and then take the movie to a specific point in the timeline for that random response. I know nothign about actionscript, so an example would be wonderful. What I am going to do is simply make a coin flipper, it will have a coin, and when the coin is hit (or a button) the coin will flip into the air, and I want the file to move to either a heads image, or a tails image, randomly.

Additionally, I would like to know of an inexpensive program that I can use to change the icon displayed once I have created a generator file, and how can I rid myself of hte genreric title bar (replaced with my own would be ebst) and rid myslf of the Flash control menu that is present.

Thanks in advance.

Tisd
    Eternal Flash 5 newbie

Sorry

A little bump of my post as I still can't find this software (I read about it some time back and couldn't afford it then).