A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Web Site Hosting - good idea?

I have an excellent opportunity to offer hosting services for web sites - as a reseller, at a great rate .

Curious as to thoughts on reselling accounts and what sort of cash flow it can provide to somebody like myself?

Your cash flow totally depends on your abilities to sell. I sell hosting through a friend of mine who runs a web host company. Mainly I use it for websites I design for clients. I offer them a total hosting/development package. You add a monthly fee in with their initial design fee. What I usually do is charge a set ammount for hosting and maintenance on site (monthly updates/changes).

It works out pretty good...So I say, if you're getting a good deal for reselling, and you think you can sell the service successfully, then go for it.

One thing to watch out for however...DON'T be a reseller and promote a hosting company if you know they have a lot of downtime, server problems, etc. You don't want to get mixed up in that.

Heaven is made
    of 1's and 0's

Could be one more thing for the client to get mad about.. How reliable is the service?