A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Back Button

Angry

I have a bit of a dilemma that I can't figure out except for an unacceptable solution.
    I'm somewhat of a newbie when it comes to flash, I can get some pretty nice effects and things, I know my way around, but when it comes to ActionScript and FScommand woah!
    So you'll have to go easy on me :-)
    I have like a splash screen that's loaded in frames with a swf in the main window. It's a clothing store and the names of the products come flying in and everything, background music, very cheesy.
    What I want to do is when a product is clicked on and if the back button is pressed, it won't start from the beginning of the movie, somewhere in the middle instead, and keep playing the music.
    The unacceptable solution I came up with is make a gif or jpg of the last frame and have it GetURL at the end before the user can click on anything. That way it'll go back to the gif instead. But the store doesn't want the music to stop.
    BTW, the music is "Don't Worry Be Happy"
    didn't I say cheesy?
    Thanks
    pianoman

Lightbulb

Either way.. once you leave the page with the intro movie.. the music will stop no? If you want the music to play throughout the site, I suggest placing a small music-playing movie in one of the frames that is not going to change.

Now.. As far as blocking the intro from playing over again..

You said you are using frames no? Well in that case, it is easy! All you need is a little JavaScript in the HTML page of your intro movie. Something like this:

<pre>
    &lt;script language="JavaScript"&gt;&lt;!-- //
    var querystring;
    if (parent.seenintro) {
    querystring = "?seenintro=yes";
    } else {
    querystring = "";
    parent.seenintro = True;
    }

document.write('&lt;OBJECT classid="clsid27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://active.macromedia.com/flash2/cabs/swflash.cab#version=4,0,0,0" ID=flashtris WIDTH=230 HEIGHT=220&gt;'+
    '&lt;PARAM NAME=movie VALUE="flashtris.swf' + querystring + '"&gt; &lt;PARAM NAME=quality VALUE=high&gt; &lt;PARAM NAME=bgcolor VALUE=#000066&gt; '+
    '&lt;EMBED src="flashtris.swf' + querystring + '" quality=high bgcolor=#000066 WIDTH=230 HEIGHT=220 TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"&gt;&lt;/EMBED&gt;&lt;/OBJECT&gt;');

//--&gt;&lt;/script&gt;
    </pre>

Then put a little Actionscript in your Flash movie (at the beginning) that says:

If (seenintro eq "yes")
    Go to and Play ("skipintro")
    End If

Does that all make sense?

<EMBED src="/cgi-bin/ubb/Members/sigs/00000205.swf" quality=high WIDTH=500 HEIGHT=50 TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"> </EMBED>

Talking

Yeah! thanks!
    Although I never could have come up with that myself :-)

Talking

Yeah! thanks!
    Although I never could have come up with that myself :-)