A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: New window from text link?

Hopefully a simple question.
    I am using the inline textlink (as in highlighting a section of a textfield and typing the URL in the URL box). The problem is that since the links are "off-site", I would like to have them open in a new window (href target="_blank" style).
    Is there an easy way to do this? The manual is very short in explaining the inline links, methinks, so any help would be much appreciated.

thanks

-

hu
    i don't understand you...you have a simple button in flash or a textfield with an external text file or what??

No buttons, just a regular text field. It's possible to create textlinks (like a basic html href tag), by highlighting the part of the text I want to link, and typing the URL in the URL box in the type panel. Very simple, however these links default to opening in the same window, as the .swf. I need them to open in a new window, like they would if I had added target="_blank" ร*n HTML.

I could work around this by making transparent buttons and placing them over the text, but I would rather not, as it's messy especially for updating.

If someone knows how to do this from within a textfield (static or dynamic), I would really like to know!

Thanks a mil