A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: it's art so here it is

a lllllllong time of designing created this beast..

download here!
    http://www.skins.naoneo.com/pub/rdaquilablue.wsz

!
    [Edited by naoneo on 10-01-2001 at 06:22 PM]

nice work!!!!! really nice work!!!

Tell me, is making winamp skins hard, I mean say you have artsy talent, is the actual making them, not the designing but the actual making them work, hard?

as i've already told kim time and time again its a wonderful skin, it acually induces me to take winamp out of winshade(new vocab word ) mode and leave it out while im working.

To answer demo's question, making a skin isn't terribly difficult, it can be... the majority of it is editing all the skin components in a photo prog, and making sure they all line up nicely. then theres editing text files of rgb colors for the occilascope thing, and transparencies.

most of it can be done with some programs you can get of links on winamp.com to help out, personally I was going hardcore hand assembled skin... then again my skin was cruddy, and i didn't finish it... maybe i'll think it through more and make a new one, I imagine it gets easyier with experience.

depens how dedicated u are, that one above took less then 24 hours , i used only notepade.exe and photoshop , but there are many skinner skinny thingies about, but please, dont use them for any other reason except cutting up your skin into the right things otherwise it be ugly!

Skinning is very tedious work. its not like you just go and make a picture of what you want and its done. You gotta do different mouse states(up, down, hover), sliders, numbers, mouse cursers, ect. I've never made a winamp skin but I made a Windows Media Player skin one time for a contest and can tell yah.. it was a major pain. Plus with WMP you gotta learn XML and Javascript. I might post a link to mine if you don't care.

Btw naoneo congrats on the Daily Skin over at Deviantart

i didn't have enough dedication to finish my skin, there's so many bad skins out there now its good to see one i'd actually want to use.. nice work naoneo

yeah too bad i can download it... stupid deviantart and there bandwidth issues

::cough:: upload to customize.org ::cough::

Originally posted by kazuhiro
    yeah too bad i can download it...
    psssst... http://www.skins.naoneo.com/pub/rdaquilablue.wsz
    besides i'd guess kim's somewhere over the pacific ocean right now...

Average FK board member
    have ya posted it at winamp.com yet?
    it might get 5 stars and a lot of publicity

nice nice nice nice.

Spanky.. Good to see it's finished.. (and you've got your own thread for it! )

I might just download winamp to test it out..

Hey, speaking of customisations.. I've just finished off my spanky new SabbathCat© IE/OE-Pawed© Toolbar loading icon.

Here's a shot :

You can download it here.

If you've not already FK'ed your browser and you'd like a flaming paw in outlook express and Internet explorer, you might like it..

I'll have to try that media player skinning thing.. I've got some microsoft gear for making the visualisations somewhere I think, but I get bored easily and the stuff slips to the back of my harddrive before you can say "short attention span".

Cheers

John