A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: windows 2000 users >>>

Does anyone know how i can do this:

I have a seperate logon so my sister can use the pc and save her files and thats it, nothing else, the problem is that she can still donwload from the internet. Is there any way that i can stop internet downloads for a certain user group or profile?

thanks

Ugly with a capitol F Ekostudios's Avatar
    I'm sure it's possible.

You could just disable the web before you let her on.

How old is this sister, and why isn't she allowed to download?

she's 13, but its not that i dont trust her or anything, its just that theres so much stuff on the net that can screw up your system without you realising it, you know worms, trojans, all that crap that ppl wrap up in other stuff. I've had too many bad experiences and i've got too much important stuff to risk it. I dont want to stop her going on the net, just disable downloads of any kind.....

Ugly with a capitol F Ekostudios's Avatar
    Originally posted by $h0ckW@vE
    she's 13, but its not that i dont trust her or anything, its just that theres so much stuff on the net that can screw up your system without you realising it, you know worms, trojans, all that crap that ppl wrap up in other stuff. I've had too many bad experiences and i've got too much important stuff to risk it. I dont want to stop her going on the net, just disable downloads of any kind.....
    Well, technically loading a website is downloading, so I don't think you could disable downloading, but maybe theres a way to diable the transfer of a .exe or .zip file.

Or just ask her kindly not to download anything. I mean, what would she be downloading that would mess the computer up? My sister and her friends use of the computer is basically limited to AIMer and stupid horoscope sites.

yeah, im probably just paranoid.