A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Projector not loading last scene.

Thumbs up

I have a projector consisting of about 18 different scenes. It plays all the scenes through (by way of prev/next button navigation and a jump menu) until it gets to the last scene. Instead of stopping completely at the end of the second-to-last scene, it just goes on to play the audio of the last scene. If I use the navigational menu to jump to the last scene it just plays the first frame of the last scene. I have all of the 'stop' commands and 'play' commands in the right places, and i tried putting a label in the first frame instead of a play command but nothing seems to work. All the other scenes which are identically set up work fine except the last. Could the fact that i'm streaming the audio have something to do with it or perhaps I have to preload the content (this movie will run locally).

Blood elf, or PHP guru... hmmm Paradoxz's Avatar
    re-check the stops, make sure you dont have countering actions, like an mc that directs _root.play (); etc.. This is not a bug, just a hidden mistake inside of the movie.

Thanks for the assistance. I actually do have a pause/play/stop navigation MC on each page, each button directing root.blah blah within said MC. How do I maintain this without having any clashes? I checked my stop-commands and they all seem to be correct.

well, if you have an MC on say your last scene that is saying _root.play ();
    and a command on the last frame of the last scene that is saying stop():
    then.. well, lose the command in the MC send me the FLA and i'll find what's going on.. Webmaster@prostorm.net
    Support@Prostorm.net

Thanks!
    -Prostorm Designs

I figured it out. This would only happen to me:

<RANT> I had just enough scenes with audio that flash could handle. That one scene, the very last scene, just happened to be the "straw that broke the camels back" so to speak. So I need to load said scene on its own. Wonderful!!!! All this friggin @#@$% stress because flash couldn't handle one more @#$% scene!!!! So to all flash users, BEWARE. Flash can can only handle 16 scenes with long audio tracks (wavs) before it decides to bail. </RANT>

I'm going to go decapitate myself now.

P.S. Thanks anyway Paradoxz. Peace brutha.

I dont know... we play a 2.9 MB mp3 in a level of our game... All together there are 71 scenes

Lawd!!! Thats a big game. Incidentally, I had to break my movie into 3 parts (loadermovie, movie1 and movie2)and load them separately. Everything works except for when I get to the last scene in 'movie1' where the user hits the 'next' button and movie1 unloads itself and loads movie two. It does that fine but in the first scene in movie2 if the user hits the 'previous' button how do I tell 'movie2' to load the last scene in 'movie1'. I know how to load a particular frame in an externally loaded movie with 1 scene, but is there a way to load a particular scene in an externally loaded movie with multiple scenes? *whew*
    [Edited by Ridick on 10-10-2001 at 07:10 PM]

lmao!.. I'll tell you.. those 71 scenes I mentioned, that is for one section of the game. The game all together if I was to count the scenes.. i'd say around 400-800

-Prostorm Designs