A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: HELP!! Need to build a game..

Someone please help me! I have to build a game in flash. I'm a graphic artist...not a programmer and this game requires way too much programming and I can't find any help anywhere!

It's a game for kids learning to do simple math. I've posted about this game before and have recieved some help, but I need more. There is a gopher that goes back and forth across the screen and there are golfers that hit balls. The balls have different numbers, and the golfers are randomly hitting them. A randomly selected question is to appear in the right hand corner. The kid uses the mouse to move the gopher and catch the ball with the correct number. When they get it correct, they get 10 points. If they catch the wrong one, they get -10, and if they don't catch any and miss the right one, they get -5. There are 3 levels. After they get 100 points they are moved to the next level, and the balls get faster.

So far this is what I've got:
    1. I have the score working.
    2. I have 2 balls that come out for score testing purposes.

I DON'T KNOW HOW TO DO ANY OF WHAT IS REQUIRED!!! PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!

If anyone has done a game like this and can spare the fla, I would appriciate it. If not, any help would be so great.

hey

will the game be freely available? or is it going to be for profit?

:o)

It's not for profit. I work for a small company that develops on-line learning stuff and we are in a bit of a slack time. In the mean time, we are developing this game just to increase our skills in flash, and to keep us busy. Nobody is buying the game or anything so I guess maybe you could classify it as free. I'm not sure what we are doing with it when we are done. Maybe donating it to local schools to help kids with math....I don't know yet.

Re: :o)

cool. . . that's actually what i was looking for. i can understand your plight very much, as i am a logic/math brain and can do amazing things with it! however, like most people on my side of the spectrum, i lack any graphical design skills whatsoever! . . . sounds to me like we'd make a great team, and do a good service in the process. therefore, i would be more than glad to help you guys out! email me @ ryanbuppsays@cs.com or message me on aol @ ryan p bupp. i won't be home very much this evening, as i am going to a concert tonight. it's the "world's biggest sock puppet choir" tour. . . the crowd brings socks, uses then for sock puppets, and then donates them to people who um. . . need socks! i'll be home tomorrow night probably and mostly all the weekend, i don't exactly know your schedule yet, though. just drop me a line.

ps: did i tell you that i am long-winded?

thanks for the help. I managed to get a little help from another board, but I'll certainly get in touch if I need more help! (which I will).

Good luck at the Sock puppet choir!!! Sounds interesting!