A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: I posted this two days ago, no reply!!!

Can someone help me with this? I cannot be the only one who has had this problem.

I have a movie that occupies one scene and one frame, with multiple layers on that frame.
    I am using multiple images, photos and clip art on these pages that have been optimized in Photoshop.
    The images look great until I add another frame or scene to the movie. When the new frame or scene is added the image quality goes to crap.
    It does not matter what format (JPEG, GIF, PNG) they all do it, I did not try BMP but for the web I figured they should be avoided. I have also optimized the settings within Flash.
    I had a friend of mine consult, he had me trace bitmap and for the smaller clip art this solves the problem.
    What about the larger images, photographs and such.
    Any Ideas???????????

are you making them symbols? and using the symbols instead of the raw images? I really haven' thad a problem with raster images, so this is a guess, sometimes weird things you may not think of matter to the rules of a program.
    what about their resolution? try using other photos to test if it's the image files you're using or.....

bono fortuna

swazak

Thank you for the reply!
    I have tried different photos and the problem still exists. I have made them all into symbols. I just don't get it many people use images and their quality is great, how do they do it?
    Mike

FK Robot Wrangler

a couple suggestion which may not work, because what you are describing is nothing i have ever heard before:

1) on the Transform Panel, Transform tab, change the width and height of the images to 99%.

2) double-click on the images' symbols on the Library Panel and make sure the "allow smoothing" box is NOT checked.

other than that, may advice is to not cram tons of movie clips into the first frame of a movie. God only knows what havoc that is wreaking on your images. Flash is an animation program, meant to utilize movement of the playhead. try different ways of layering and loading all your graphic elements. that may help out a lot.