A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Curious about you (Off Topic)

Alt.discuss

Is a webtv only firewall protected news group. Hundreds of different news groups that webtv people can post to one another. My wife and I met in one of the many groups and began our cyber to real relationship. ~Jer~

No I have'nt...this is the first Forum I've been apart of! I just got WebTV because I wanted a Computer & could'nt afford one at the moment...so it was the next best thing...
    makes a good primer for the basics of the web though...
    I had'nt touched it for months until the other day!
    I'm spoiled now!...it is SSSLLLLOOOOWWWWW! & limited!

nighthawk96

a little message from Germany

Hi folks,

it's very interesting to read which very different kind of people are in this community. But what's that ? There are only people from the United States, Australia and the UK but noone from middle Europe.
    Till now.
    Now I'm here. A 23 old men (boy... ha ha ha) from Germany near munich.... Hey in a few day beginns the big bavarian party OKTOBERFEST... or Die Wiesn... it's great...
    My profession is to consult companies... an to sell a cupple of things... My hobbies are to make music with the piano, peyboard...and of course with my voice.....and last but not least since a few month the http://www....and Swish....

I hope to read you in the Flashkit community in the next days...

Greetings from Germany

Chris

NIGHTHAWK96@gmx.de

P.S. Oh I've forgotten to say: I'm not married.... has anyone a nice daughter ??? *joke*

SWiSH Forum
    FlaX FX Forum

Almark

Thank you Jerry T, for offering this thread.

I am medically retired. I met my wife when we were both kids, @ 13 yrs old. Going steady ever since! We have 3 children, all of whom (still !) live at home.

I have a BA, MSc and PhD; work wise, everything was going really well until I had ME (Cronic Fatique Synrome) - and that wiped me out. I suspect the US 'burnout' might help people understand how ME can completely devastate a career.

So, I am retired, I have a web design firm that I only play with. Despite that, it keeps the wolves from the door.

I enjoy sharing knowledge, as my swishportal illustrates.

Hello everyone.
    My name is Ed and I am a 14 year old male from Hillsborough, NJ, where I go to Hillsborough High School and play soccer for the school on the Frosh(Freshmen) team. I have a girlfriend. We've been going out for nearly 3 months now. For fun I hang out with my friends, go to the pool, finding new ways to meet people, the mall, movies...etc.
    I am into designing web pages, and just surfing the web. I make web pages during the school year for people at school, for a price of course. I am taking a web design course this year as my elective. I have two CEU's (Continuing Education Units) for an online class that i took on ZDU.

About me..

I'm a 14 yr old boy..(lol)..I live in Orlando FL, Grew up here in florida..8th grade..blah blah..nothin special or interesting about a child..but..heh..

pr0mpt

man i feel young

well I'm Robert, am 19 years young
    I come from the Netherlands, and go to College there, or at least kinda the equivalent of...
    Doing International Management English Stream [since of course the normal studies are all in Dutch], but I'd rather join my girlfriend, who I've been with the last 4 months [seems nothing compared to you guys, but its good enough for me], at the college for Advanced Informatics...
    In my spare time I hang out with my girlfriend, play some basketball [if the weather here permits it], and sit bored behind my computer, playing games or making some sites and all..

Would love to do this for work, and yes, i know its harder than it looks...

Nice learning about all the guys I've been discussing with the last 3 months

Packers & Women

Originally posted by schallow
    So far I see I may be the plankholder (means old fart in Marine Corps lingo) in this thread being 49 years old...anybody gonna top that?
    [Edited by schallow on 09-02-2000 at 08:30 PM]
    hey Schallow,

Number one (altho I'm not a regular poster here (yet) I have to say I'm a little surprised there are no women here. (then again, I *shouldn't* be so surprised I guess). Secondly, I'm in Milwaukee, WI. and very disappointed in Brett today!

I'm a free lance web designer, but keep my health benefits by working 2 days a week at a trauma center here in Milwaukee. (I'm a respiratory therapist)

My biz: http://ink2art.com
    My traffic generator: http://www.fullmoongraphics.com
    My playground: http://24-7cool.com

Nice to meet all of you!
    ~Kitty

Re: a little message from Germany

Originally posted by NIGHTHAWK
    Hi folks,

it's very interesting to read which very different kind of people are in this community. But what's that ? There are only people from the United States, Australia and the UK but noone from middle Europe.

Hi!

I'm also from Germany. So may I introduce myself:

I'm a new poster in this board but due to the responses to my first post maybe some of you allready read something from me.
    I'm a 23 years old male. Living near Frankfurt/Main in Germany, Hessia. I ended this year my apprenticeship and I'm now working as an IT-Consultant and as a lecturer for intelligent security systems in the creditcard business. My company is the GZS.
    In my spare time I do some web design. Sometimes for fun sometimes for money.
    I have no girlfriend or wife.

Hobbys: Computer, TV, Cinema, going out with friends. Soon the list will be expanded: Next week I will start a course to get my Amateur Radio licence (Class 3, for more infos you can ask me and I try to answer, my DOK or Club will be the Fox 11 (F11)) and next year I will do my scuba diving course (PADI AOWD). One step after the other.

That's it. If you want you can mail me. eagle@miliclup.de

Have a nice day. Grretings to you all out there from Germany.

P.S.: I like this thread.

Bye Eagle

Yes, this is a good idea - and I must say I feel a lot
    more at home now, since it has been revealed that Im not the only person here with SOME life-experience...

I am from the Northern Europe, Im 51 of age - getting close to being a senior citrizen.. haha... married with two daughters, 7 and 9 - and I work with creating 360-spehical
    images... which Ive been doing for 4 years...
    I began as a fine-arts-painter and got to the point where I got sick of all the resins and chemicals and found computers... which Ive been with now for ten years...

Im not the MOST frequent user of swish, but I find it greater for its price than anything else and Ill be here and look for inspiration every now and then...
    and hope for more and more interesting solutions to the whole idea with it... My clients though, are a little doubtful that they want flash on their websites, main reason that it is a bandwidth-eater....

but that´ll change...

I have 5 guitars, synths and piano and guess what I do
    when I have a day off?

Good seeing you all

Ulram

http://www.infrablue.com

Hi everyone I'm Zankye http://www.zankye.com and I'm Portuguese and living in Toronto Canada for 13 years.
    I own and operate a landscape company here, http://www.greenforevergreen.com and I design pages as hobby for 4 1/2 years. I tech Html at night a local Computer score and ................... Swish rules

I´m 30, 2 kids, and working as an IT supporter and webmaster for a huge american insurance broker in Copenhagen, Denmark !

wii

Hello Everyone,
    Im 32, married (but only for a little while longer), no kids, im an electrician, and I live in Brooklyn NY, (as Mike Tyson once said, Top of the food chain) lol.
    I also do computer work building systems, installing and setting up networks, setting up internet solutions, ETC...
    Nice meeting all of you....
    [swf width="300" height="60" background="#000000"]http://www.adc2001.com/footer.swf[/swf]

Just Loitering

Women come forward

Okay, just to bring the statistics back on balance, here goes...

I'm female (I assume I'm not the only one!), 23, living and working in London, England. I had a lucky break 6 months ago of getting a job as a Web Designer/Developer. I've been developing sites for 5 yrs now, getting into it at University where I got a BSc in Computers & Mathematics.

Single and not looking! I've spent a couple of years learning Flash, and within 5 minutes can do it all on Swish!!! Great program

- baileys

My I introduce me (The oldest!)

Hello I whas reading all the personal information and i am reading and visting this newsgroup daily. I am Harrie Denkers and I am 50 years old (Yeahh i won!! the oldest of the newsgroup!) I love Swish and start studying Flash. I design websites for the tennisclub http://www.tcdekikkers.nl and a few frends with a compay. I just have my own website ad i wil drop the first result verry soon (www.harriedenkers.nl) I use dreamweaver, fireworks, XARA 3D and Xara 2.0. I am maried and have two doghters and a son. The doughters left the hous and my son in studying computer technics.

I wil write and react to this newsgroup more often but i need more day's with 30 hours instead of 24! I am now working at three new sites.

I live i Niew Vennep that is a city about 20 kilometers from Amsterdam (You alle know (red Light district).

Re: Packers & Women

hey Schallow,

Number one (altho I'm not a regular poster here (yet) I have to say I'm a little surprised there are no women here. (then again, I *shouldn't* be so surprised I guess). Secondly, I'm in Milwaukee, WI. and very disappointed in Brett today!

I'm a free lance web designer, but keep my health benefits by working 2 days a week at a trauma center here in Milwaukee. (I'm a respiratory therapist)

My biz: http://ink2art.com
    My traffic generator: http://www.fullmoongraphics.com
    My playground: http://24-7cool.com

Nice to meet all of you!
    ~Kitty [/B][/QUOTE]

Greetings, I was born in Sheboygan, just north of you. Don't know were all the women are, either.

Re: My I introduce me (The oldest!)

Originally posted by harrie
    Hello I whas reading all the personal information and i am reading and visting this newsgroup daily. I am Harrie Denkers and I am 50 years old (Yeahh i won!! the oldest of the newsgroup!) I love Swish and start studying Flash. I design websites for the tennisclub http://www.tcdekikkers.nl and a few frends with a compay. I just have my own website ad i wil drop the first result verry soon (www.harriedenkers.nl) I use dreamweaver, fireworks, XARA 3D and Xara 2.0. I am maried and have two doghters and a son. The doughters left the hous and my son in studying computer technics.

I wil write and react to this newsgroup more often but i need more day's with 30 hours instead of 24! I am now working at three new sites.

I live i Niew Vennep that is a city about 20 kilometers from Amsterdam (You alle know (red Light district).

Hate to burst your bubble, but ULTRAM posted he is 51 years old

off the subject

Hi my name is Eugene. I'm from Houston TX. I'm 21year old male and a plant manger in a steel plant. I'm about to be married in march 2001. I like to design web site,installing networks,and work on computters. I'm taking my MCSE+I and tring to start my own computters store in the next few months. Also trying to start up a home automation company. I have way to many irons in the fire. I love swish and all the yours.

Thank Everyone for your help.

Well here we go

Ok i`m 29 years old Married and live in Philadelphia, i moved here from cold old Newcastle upon Tyne in the UK 3 years ago(yes i`m legal & have a green card .

Im employed by a university as there webmaster (I hate that word - I`M still learning). I do a lot of internal database stuff and the basic university pages. Im self taught although was a computer tech until the company (Escom
    ) went bust years ago.

Im a command & conquor game fan (red alert & Tib Sun) also play Age of Empires too

So thats me in a nutshell

Cheers

Craig

and there are HOW many women??

So are there only two of us GIRLS on this?

I am a 25 yr. old female from North Carolina. I built my first web page in 1996 and it was a sad pathetic little thing that would make you cry. I thought I was cool in 1998 and built a new one that at least looked nice, though no one went there. Now I am finishing my new one, spending 30 hours a day working on something no one will look at. *sigh*

I work full time as a graphic artist for a company that prints four real estate magazines, three tourist magazines and tons of commercial work, besides also creating and hosting web pages. I am one of three working solely on the real estate mags. I enjoy my job even though it takes up all of my free time thinking of ways to hurt or maim realtors. (The are proof that demons do walk the earth.)

I read most anything I can get my hands on, most recently having thoroughly enjoyed the "Sandman" comics by Neil Gaiman.

I have a degree in photography from tiny little community college that has become rather well known on the east coast for it's quality photography program and its extremely talented students (I am not referring to myself here.)

I am not married, have no children or pets, and don't intent to become a webmaster/webdesigner/webanything.

(I liked this thread, though I can't believe that I just went and on like that. Hey, I still am... Someone shut me up!)