A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Curious about you (Off Topic)

Re: and there are HOW many women??

Originally posted by stardwarf
    So are there only two of us GIRLS on this?

Stardawrf - ahh RED DWARF FAN!..

smoke me a kipper I`mm be home for breakfast
    ACE RIMMER

Cheers

Craig99 - too funny...

I like Arnie's version better:

"Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas"

(Craig99, you made my day, no one ever knows what the name came from. Score 50 points.)

Originally posted by Craig99
    So thats me in a nutshell

Cheers

Craig [/B]
    No, here's 'me in a nutshell'

"Help! I'm trapped in a nutshell!"

Originally posted by stardwarf
    Originally posted by Craig99
    So thats me in a nutshell

Cheers

Craig
    No, here's 'me in a nutshell'

"Help! I'm trapped in a nutshell!" [/B]
    AHAHA VERY GOOD..

Kryten: They've taken Mr Rimmer! Sir, they've taken Mr Rimmer!
    Cat: Quick! Let's get out of here before they bring him back.

GOD, This could go on all day

Another point for the girls

Ok, ok, I figured I'd speak up so you guys can see there are some of "us girls" here too.

I'm a 27 year old female, live in Florida. Happily involved, no kids-just my cat. I recently quit the rat race at an information broker where I was a corporate trainer to return to school to get my degree in Graphic Arts. In my spare time, I enjoy playing music (piano and guitar) and making Web pages, of course. I've got my "dot com" all ready...now if only I could decide on a design! (sigh) My goal is ultimately to get a job in Web design, but I still have a year of school to go. All of my experience with design is self taught-most of the experience coming from designing an intranet site for my old job. Now that I've gotten Photoshop pretty much down, I'm trying to learn Swish/Flash, LiveMotion, etc. little by little so I can "broaden my horizons" so to speak.

So far, I've found the folks at this forum to be very helpful. Glad I found it!

Re: and there are HOW many women??

For Stardwarf,

Where are you located, in Morehead City? Just curious

I'm here in North Topsail Beach.

Did you call for a Super Hero?

Hey...yet another girl cruising about. I'm in my twenties...doing a tad of this and that. I'm mainly vague and elusive and an aspiring super hero. Hey it could happen. I've already got the badass girl thing down (grin)I'm making a mad attempt at learning anything about web design. I had spent two weeks trying to figure out flash 4 when a friend gave me the Swish site addy. Let me tell you!! I feel like a pro already.

Cya round

oh my GAWD!

Schallow, please PLEASE tell me you don't work for a realtor down there!!!!

No, I'm not from Morehead City, I never said a bad word about realtors, and come to think of it I don't speak the language.

(Note to self, ready the transport papers, must cross the border tonight. Operatives in danger.)

Okay, on pain of death, I am in Morehead City. Score 50 points for you as well.

(Second note to self, must get tougher scoring policy.)

PS - Checked out your site, glad to see none of my work on your blunders page - was almost scared to look. But thankfully you only had internet banners... otherwise we might have had some homes descriptions with a typo (guess which word...) in the "huge wraparound deck" description (although it wasn't us who did that, some other company that I am very glad I didn't work for when that came out was responsible for that blunder), or the "great community dock" (again, guess the word that was changed) description on a subdivision which was luckily caught before it went out for proof by the clients.
    [Edited by stardwarf on 09-05-2000 at 05:33 PM]

Choice Bro!

A bit late....

A bit late in adding my profile as once again I have been very busy. My wife's parents have recently arrived here in the UK from New Zealand to see their Grandaughter for the first time...

Anyway, I decided to 'swish' my profile so here it is...

http://www.instinctdesign.co.uk/profile.html

Best Regards,

Rich

Re: oh my GAWD!

For Stardwarf...

I am not a realtor, but just guessed that you were in the Morehead City area from your description. Thanks for visiting my humble site!

Regards,
    Mark

Oh my gosh...did someone say "Morehead City"? That is the
    Headquarters of the "Bald Headed Men Of America" group (or
    something like that). I received an HONORARY MEMBERSHIP
    at a big Rotary District Club Dinner Meeting several years
    ago. It blew me away, 'cuz the guy who gave me the award
    was the head pooh-pah I had seen in a TV piece several
    years before about the group.

Yeah...ROCK ON, Morehead City!!!!!!

P.S. You won't believe this...I *AM* also a Realtor(R)
    BUT...one of the "Good Guys" :-)

Originally posted by flash777
    Oh my gosh...did someone say "Morehead City"? That is the
    Headquarters of the "Bald Headed Men Of America" group (or
    something like that). I received an HONORARY MEMBERSHIP
    at a big Rotary District Club Dinner Meeting several years
    ago. It blew me away, 'cuz the guy who gave me the award
    was the head pooh-pah I had seen in a TV piece several
    years before about the group.

Yeah...ROCK ON, Morehead City!!!!!!

P.S. You won't believe this...I *AM* also a Realtor(R)
    BUT...one of the "Good Guys" :-)
    They have a big convention annually, think it is in October...not sure. Stardwarf may no...she works there! I live about 40 minutes away to the south!

Regards,
    Mark

To Marilyn026,
    I'd like to say, Good on You!. It really gives me a lift to read about people giving it a go. I too went to uni as a fulltime mature age student. I graduated last year and am now 35, while an undergraduate I started with 1 child, had another and was paying off a mortgage. It's not easy and at times the stress was pretty? unbearable. There were times when I wondered what the heck I was doing. (I have a very supportive wife)
    But it is all worth it in the long term! My income increased 6 fold on my first job, my lifestyle improve amazingly and I now dictate my own play hours.(I regard multimedia as playing not working) I'm gonna make damn sure that I send my kids through higher education..it certainly is the ticket to an easier lifestyle! I guess I look at it as the civilians version of WestPoint (not that I'm a Gentleman LOL)
    Evan
    [swf width="300" height="40" background="#000000"]http://www.lm.net.au/~trevor/evan15kb.swf[/swf]

OK...don't take my word for it: flash777 EXPOSED!

http://www.president.com/presreclients.htm

And what's with the age thing? I think I have you
    ALL beat...I'm 56 !!!

One reason for getting into Swish, et.al. is to update
    all my outdated website location stuff and my CD-ROM
    presentation materials (I do full motion videos now
    of listings, etc.). Just about ready to do it.

Whoever gave that tip on the AutoPlay (indigorose.com)
    software...God Bless You...it is absolutely terrific!!!

Umh, believe it or not I used to have hair and in the
    '60's was a "Rock 'N Roll" musician. I have a complete
    digital audio and video production setup and used to
    have a small record label & music publishing company.
    Lived in Nashville for a while. My resume would take
    up pages. [Hey Evan...here's the tip of the iceberg]

I'm also a Ventriloquist (revamped after a 40 year
    absence)...one of my vent-figures (the term "Dummy"
    is Politically Incorrect these days) is a Mermaid.
    "Stanley" is a Psychiatrist...or thinks he is. I'll
    stick up some pix one of these days. I've got a
    lot of "characters" hanging around here.

The Swish Forum ROCKS!!! It's "Creative Central"
    to be sure.

It looks like the women had better speak up. Glad to see there are a few of us around. LOL.

I'm turning the big 5-0 in a couple of months, been married almost 30 years, have an 18 year old son and a 15 year old daughter (yes...I got a late start!), and life can't be better here in Houston, TX. My background is in fine arts, and after cleaning paint brushes every night for 25 years, I decided to trade them in on a mouse and pen tool. Been designing web sites ever since, and I do love working from home. Lately I've been making a lot of custom themes for Front Page users - go figure! - but it pays the rent. I've got lots of happy customers who have dashed out and bought Swish since I've been using it within several of my theme packages. (Too bad we don't get a kick-back, huh?) It's a fun toy and a fun group. And...thanks to everyone who has helped me out from time to time.

Hugs,
    Themelady

Originally posted by themelady
    It looks like the women had better speak up. Glad to see there are a few of us around. LOL.

Hugs,
    Themelady
    Hello, Themelady! I turn the big 50 in February. Welcome to our nice little SWiSH world here!

Regards,
    Mark

Gosh Flash777,
    Yo bin around man!
    Heres something for you. If you haven't already...look into mpeg4. It is the holygrail of multimedia. It has built in intelligence that forms a matrix around peoples noggins and morfs their faces to lipsynch to whatever .wav file you choose. It keeps all video and sound files on seperate layers so you can post edit at any stage. It keeps every object in its own layer and can move that said object on the z plane...think of those implications....3D video! Interactive video. One more step....VR. Picture a movie. Notice your hero wears a rolex. Click on the rolex with your TV remote. A new popup window Picture in picture. Browse spec on Rolex order with mastercard. Movie still playing with 5.1 dolby. Hidden advertising one step further. Watch the Indy. Real car has Penzoil logo on spoiler. TV station superimposes that logo with another. MPEG4 smart enough to distinguish 3D wire form of Indycar spoiler. Faithfully tags new logo on spoiler and tracks it around the racetrack...realtime. MPEG4 is becoming a reality.
    I'm still trying to get to grips with DVD with my RT2000!!
    Evan
    [swf width="300" height="40" background="#000000"]http://www.lm.net.au/~trevor/holoman.swf[/swf]

Boy, I have been away....I like the idea...and need to throw in my two cents.

41, born and raised in Chicago, spent most of my adult life on the floor of the Chicago Board of Trade or in the Mercantile Exchange, (18 years overall now in that business)...migrated to San Diego to marry second wife 4.5 years ago, have an 18-year old daughter, 10 year old step-daughter and 7-year old stepson. And, (there's no picture???) http://www.intraday.com/aboutdps.htm will offer a few more clues.

Started two internet companies in 1996/97 and have recently moved into another round of funding with what matured into an amalgamation of businesses--as we develop a major realty/investment/legal dot.com and a proprietary software called "Rapsodia"...an ERP legacy system that is targeting the hospitality industry.

So, don't go telling the board that the president is playing with Swish or I might get in trouble!! Like I would care......woof.

I like space, stars, and Rumi...and have a love affair with sobriety.

I also was a founder of a really cool thing called Boys to Men http://www.boystomen.org, check that out when you've got some time.

Cheers--MindFix

Evan: Man...you just get me so excited with all that talk!
    So you've got the Matrox RT2000? I went to the DV Expo in
    Long Beach last October (lived there in 1945 as a toddler)
    and spent time at their booth. For me, it was down to the
    Pinnacle DV500 but, like Matrox, no "NT" drivers at the
    time and everybody hyping everybody else about delivery
    times. Such is the industry as I learned. I'm waiting
    for a 1Ghz Motherboard before I finalize the heavy duty
    system :-) I'll check into MP4...sounds exciting. So
    much time with Swish & related stuff I'm pretty max'd.

MindFix: We are all calling the "Board" on Monday morning
    (hehehe). Hey...took at quick peek at the 'Boys To Men'
    info. We have something in common. I worked for Xerox
    Corporation for 9 years, and my last year was leased out
    as a "Social Service Leave" participant. I had 3 juvenile
    offenders who worked for me in a distribution center, and
    decided to take the concept to other major Silicon Valley
    firms. Xerox loaned me out to the Juvenile Probation Dept.
    and I was fortunate enough to get IBM, HP & other biggies
    to also participate in what I called my "Project J.O.B"
    (Juvenile Opportunities In Business). Sort of like a
    "Big Brother/Big Sister" program, where the firms created
    a job opportunity and teamed the kids up with an in-house supervisor ("mentor"). Most of them did quite well...
    gained job skills and a friend. Sound familiar?

Flash777--Well, BTM is not quote the same, in the sense that we take any young men, at risk or not...however, I would be interested in talking with you offline about your efforts with the corporate world...we could use some more funding for our project...mostly for mentor trainings. There's lots of young men with needs - but few grown men willing to share their time and love. In the same vein, I am part of something called the "Inside Circle". We are going to do our second training in Folsom State Prison next month. A large group of 30 men will spend an entire week inside of the Level IV-max security prison in the most violent prison in U.S. history (over 1060 have died in there). This will be the second time we've done this in the past year--now that's A TRIP!!!

BTW, my pic is back up at:
    http://www.intraday.com/aboutdps.htm

Mindfix