A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: an A M A Z I N G Flash movie - never seen anything like it

I'm a hero like Robert De Niro
    http://nosepilot.cjb.net/real.html

***refresh if it gives you a hard time.Its worth it.

enjoy,

McMurphy

FK founder & general loiterer Flashkit's Avatar
    Thats a truly amazing site, stunning!

ohmygosh

this is something to truly behold... whoa.

That is the most astoundingly original thing I've seen in a long time. Took a while to load--but it was worth it.

Angry breath taking

This is the greatest Flash movie i have ever witnessed!!! It is extremely creative...not like those cliche futuristic movies...this one's a classic!! I love how the music goes along with the story. This shows the true aspects of animating in Flash!!!

ASTOUNDING

oh why i can't go to that link ? = (

unbelievable = o ~~~~~~!!!

well

I'll admit the animation is good, but its trying too hard to be something its not. It wants to be some type of Fantasia thing. but you can only flash so many of those wierd looking people before it just starts to get boring.

I agree a bit with venra,

The musical score rules & aesthetic of the images were
    beautiful. But, after the first five minutes, it kinda got repetitive. Maybe some talking characters or something
    opposite of the current color scheme would have made it seem like you weren't stuck in the same place. maybe some progression to...where ever. Still, absolutely one of the most gorgeous pieces of work i've seen in flash, but a little to much of the same for me. It'd definitely make for a kick-ass screen saver though....

LeS-

ok was wondering if was watching te right movie. i thought this was supppose to be anime. mustave taken a long time to make tat i admit. but i didnt find it all too great. very boring really. i agrree with battleseeed. great sceensaver

You have to view it as what it is, an artistic experiment in musical interpretation. I thought Fantasia was a little long in spots, but you have to admire the attempt and originality. I enjoy anime, but you have to admit, that a lot of it looks the same. True anime artists push the limits and try new concepts and styles.

WOW

That was an incredible display of flash! I really liked those people sitting on the tea cup. soooooo..........are you going to spill how you created it? illistrate? or compleatly flash? or both?

=)

Actually, i didn't know there was such a thing as a "true anime artist" maybe what i think you mean is a true artist all across. someone who approaches the medium from multiple
    aesthetic perspectives. That's cool, i agree with you there. but there hasn't really been a "true anime artist". anime is what it is..."anime" it's all of those things entailed: big eyes, speed lines, an image and style inspired by an american medium (because that's where they got their images from) that has been stylized with more energy and diversity than we've been allowed to do here in the US. there hasnt been that many "anime artists" who've taken it to that level of diversity in style since Katsuhiro Otomo (akira, which doesn't resemble big eyes and pointy noses at all)Well, maybe now ghost in the shell, and Armitage, Kite, and Sol bIanca:the legacy...i think i'm rambling, did i lose you guys? well, anyway, i feel you on that, but i think if it's anime we're doin/talkin' here, let's be careful about comparing it to american style diversity...i don't know, maybe i'm wrong. what do you think?

LeS-

I wasn't aware that this section was strictly for anime, the heading says "Art and Anime". I do agree "Akira" is one of the all time best anime features, because it didn't strictly adhere to all the anime cliches. But I think there is room to discuss all aspects of graphic animation.

Not to misunderstand what i had posted, or better yet,I'll make MYSELF a little more clearer so don't misinterpret
    anything...i didn't mean to say this is ONLY an anime form, i'm just commenting on your statement on "true anime artists". I'm saying to me, there is no tried and true "anime artist". there are just some japanese animation directors/art directors who interpret "anime" in in their own style and practice it through their "features" or "OVAS". Just so i'm on the same page as you, i agree this is labeled ART and anime. So no discriminations there. I just needed clarity on your part as to what a "true anime artist" was, cause i would definitely like to get books on them, or their works. other than the few i listed above, that must be what you're talking about...as far as what's cliche', that's what a repeated pattern is in it's purest form. If that's the case, then we've all got a lot of learnin' to do. Again, i think anime is what is it is. it's those things that you label "cliches" that is what makes this the artform we've all come to love. Hey, who do you think they get THEIR cliche's from? (hollywood ,hint, hint), they're just basically takin'our ideas and spittin' them back at us in a different package and we eat it up like it's the most original thing out there. Strange, huh?
    anywho, i'm rambling again, i'm interested on what you think about that phacker?

Best,
    Lesean

.......and, i might add, Akira was THE true example of what happens when you give japan a real budget and REAL HUNGRY animators an opportunity to show and prove....

The closest japan will ever get to DISNEY...straight up and down...for those who feel they're ABOVE akira, ( i get into these akira debates with my boys all the time)do your homework and get your hands on two things: Akira :Production Report (the making of Akira, INSANELY hard to find /out of print-VHS)
    Akira: widescreen subtitled version (see what REAL japanese alphabet lip-synching looks like)the best to ever do it. pushing a consistent hand drawn 30 frames persec for 2hrs.
    no computers like todays digital hack-outs, the only computer graphix were that cheesy biogram on tetsuo's power level. i'm rambling again, I lOVE akira....sob! (Where's my DVD edition!!!!)

oh well, back to battleseed...

i hear you man. akira rocked the world and is still. this little speech of yours inspired me to go and sit in front of my vcr and watch akira for the 15th time. you are da man battleseed.

Haha! I need the DVD version. I think the tape wore out on the motercycle chase sequence on my first version...
    Study, study! heh.
    Keeping my fingers crossed.

haha. i got to agree with u. need the dvd version.

W()W

WOW
    that was Astounding...

When i finished whatching that i was soo amazed that something like that was able to be made in flash!

I kept thinking, God this is a work of art.

It's in my bookmarks for Life =)

----
    Need inspiration LOOK Here
    ----

I'm guessing there were more then 20,000 frames easily...

Great Job.