A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Anyone with Vecta 3d please help

Hi, I'm not sure how Vecta 3d works, because I don't have it. My friend gave me an .swf file, but when I imported it to my Flash, it only shows the first frame, so I'm guessing that it's inside a movie clip. He got the file from a friend of his, so he doesn't have the .fla. All it is, is just an animation of a bird flying which I need to use as reference. He did have the 3ds file of the birds, but for some reason it's broken up into about 10-20 files, I have no idea why. If it's because it's a separate file for each frame, then perhaps this is what can help me. He says that his friend used Vecta 3d to make the animation, so can anyone help me? For the files, email me please, grifter@destinywar.com
    [Edited by Grifter730 on 10-22-2001 at 12:34 PM]

that eagle animation is part of the tutorials/examples that come with the stand alone version. if you open up the *.swf, and it was on one frame, it most likely was in a movie clip. But the multiple *.3DS files are for the eagle animation. With the multiple *.3DS files, you can create and render frame by frame within Vecta to *.swf, and place together the frames within Flash.

hope that helps

Oh, well I need someone with Vecta 3d to help me out, because I don't have it, hehehe. I guess that post was a bit confusing. Is there any way you can render that flying eagle frame-by-frame so that I can import it and learn how to draw flying things?

sorry to sound skeptical, but I thought that your friend had a friend with Vecta3D?

presently, I'm at the office... and until I get home, I can't help you until then. I'll see what I can do later.

honestly, I don't see where this will help you too much - taking *.3DS files to Flash unless you have the program. The standalone is only $59 US Dollars. But, I'll try to help...

He's more of an acquaintance, and he already gave me the 3ds files, so I didn't want to ask him to ask his friends to help me out, if you get what I mean.
    All I'm trying to do is learn how to animate wings, that's all. I need to be able to see it frame-by-frame in Flash, that's why I'm asking for the help.

frame by frame... zipped up.

http://fukawlyawl.net/fukd/eagle.zip

it's a *.swf, import that into Flash. *.fla files are not output by any program other than Flash.

hope that helps

Cool

Hey dude, that's really cool man, I got it to work. I know this is asking for too much, but if it's possible, can you please please please do the same thing, except show a profile? Because I really wanna learn how to animate wings as something is flying, and we're watching it from a side view. This way when I animate it, I can pan the camera and it'll seem as if we're following it. A side view of the eagle flying would be oh so cool if you can!

Riki

go here. eagle. from profile.

http://fukawlyawl.net/fukd/eagle2.zip

btw, not being evil... just busy trying to push out a program before deadline. enjoy.
    [Edited by gerbick on 10-24-2001 at 08:30 PM]

OMG you rule so much!!! Thank you. I can't pay you back, unless you have some sort of problem that I can help with, but if you want to, I can put your name and/or your web site URL on the second chapter of destiny war saga. If you haven't done so, go check it out http://www.destinywar.com I'll put your name in the credits, that's about all I can do

THANKS again

Riki

you're welcome. only thing I can ask for is that you help another person out if they need it, cool? just trying to help out where I can...

wanna help me? hmmmm... got a spare million laying around!? take cares...

btw... cool site, especially the animations... WHOA!!

Originally posted by Grifter730
    OMG you rule so much!!! Thank you. I can't pay you back, unless you have some sort of problem that I can help with, but if you want to, I can put your name and/or your web site URL on the second chapter of destiny war saga. If you haven't done so, go check it out http://www.destinywar.com I'll put your name in the credits, that's about all I can do

THANKS again
    [Edited by gerbick on 10-24-2001 at 09:10 PM]