A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: hot to import 3d of (3d studio max) animations in flash???

I just got 3d studio max and i managed to do a simple animation. How can i import this into flash as a vector graphic..????

please help me...

Well, your going to soon find-out that things are not as one would assume they should be.

There are several export programs including vecta 3d, swift 3d, and illustrate5.1! But none of them really output as a true vector "animation". They output the animation as a series of individual vector frames, but do not create a vector graphic that tweens and animates. Basicly the file size is huge and the animation can come-out choppy.

My advice is try illustrate5.1! free 30 day trial, it is my personal favorite of the bunch. Another optiion is to output your max animation as a series of bitmaps, import them into flash and the "trace bitmap" on every frame.

Be creative.
    Good luck.

Thx for replying andyone knows a simpler way????

Thx for replying andyone knows a simpler way????

honestly, St=Z is right. you want to render out an animation, to Flash, the easy method is to get a Flash 3D render plugin (Swift3D MAX be eRain, Illustrate 5.1 by David Gould, and Vecta3D by Ideaworks3D) are basically the easiest ways to take your animation from MAX to Flash.

you just render out the animations directly from MAX.

you do know that you will lose all texture maps...

good luck

Cow Icon

Try exporting your files into swift3d. I am not sure what types of animation you are doing, but swift should be able to do it.
    ~j