A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: 80+ pictures... whats the best way....

Red face

I have a client who makes & sells plastic model cars.
    I took over 80 pics today for his 'showroom'.

I'm open to suggestions on how to pull this off without making 80+ seperate movies to display his toys.

*i dun wanna be workin on this next fall.... :P

TIA!
    bd7

C'mon folks...... I need some assistance here. lol!
    80+ seperate swf's is gonna really suck.

Is there a script I could use to call the images into my movie?

I'm pretty sure I could could just use actionscript to pop each photo up in its own window, but I was hoping to keep the site uniform & orderly without any pop ups.

Well, speak up if you have any better ideas..... cause I gotta get this thing done before he makes more models & wants me to add em. lol!

TIA!
    bd7

Anybody?

*sigh*

hi. im making a site with thousands of pictures. Im making a site for an aftermarket auto parts and i want to know how to make it easier to load the pictures. i also want to know how to copy the text format so i dont have to have thousands of buttons and movie clips that have the same format but different text.

i don't know of a flash way that would make it convient for a 56k person (i wish i did, cause i have the same problem with big image files)... but there is a javascript way. you could incorporate flash buttons with javacript. though i don't know if that's what you wanted (example: http://www.anime-kissaten.net/images/index.html)

cid -> there is a really great way to make one movieclip with a button embedded... once you set up one universal actionscript for that button, when you paste it (the movieclip w/button) and reuse it, the txt and script will be the same and all you have to do is change the expression values. the code was in an opensource on flashkit movie section, and i think the credit goes to flashstar.de (i couldn't find the author's name on it). the best way to get the code is to get the fla that's available and mess around with it like i did. it's fsjumperv2.fla... i forgot what the url was to get it. good luck

I'm actually working on a site that will incorporate numerous images into a "gallery". The best way of going about this is probably using generator. Basically it converts jpgs automatically into swfs and puts them into your flash template. I know theres othere ways of doing this other than using generator (other jpg-swf converters). I'm still a bit new to generator, so I'm still learning as i go. But if adding an image gallery to a website using flash is your project, than look into the database/flash solution. Hope this helps or at least gives u guys a start...

eric

Red face Im trying to do the same thing!

On a smaller scale, I want to show a vehicle then show it change colors with a click on a row of "color" buttons. Then have it change to show a differnt trim package on a row of "trim" buttons. I can do this in html with image swap. Dreamweaver makes it really easy, but I am trying to do as much of the site in flash so that i can get a really dynamic site (things flying around the screen, etc) Unfortunatly, I havent found an easy "image swap" action yet in flash. Please let me know what you find.