A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Database Connections

Hmmm I normally work in VBscript and like to pull content and just about anything I can from a database my I have been in the past using a com object installed on my local server to make text graphics but I want something that looks better so I thought I might try to use css to customize normal text but it still doesn't look cool enough I would really like to make navigation for my website in flash but it needs to be adminable and pullable from a database

Do you guys have an suggestions on how I can pull content from a database into a flash movie dynamically links to tutorials will be greatly appreciated

Thanks
    -j

Download my Poll to see how to connect to a Database...

http://www.rolandschaer.ch (click to the little star to enter beta-version of my site)

Hi,

just one simple example for a menu that loads from a database - dynmenu article at http://www.neuralust.com/~mingdocs - but you will probably find half a dozen different ones in the tutorial section at flashkit. As far as the database interconnect is concerned, they will all load variables from a textfile or database in much the same way

@roele: your site comes up with a 404 for styles.css and is locking out N4.x browsers this way

Musicman

i had no errors on NS Browsers.... ?
    but thx for reply.... *gg

Originally posted by JPHonsinger
    Hmmm I normally work in VBscript and like to pull content and just about anything I can from a database my I have been in the past using a com object installed on my local server to make text graphics but I want something that looks better so I thought I might try to use css to customize normal text but it still doesn't look cool enough I would really like to make navigation for my website in flash but it needs to be adminable and pullable from a database

Do you guys have an suggestions on how I can pull content from a database into a flash movie dynamically links to tutorials will be greatly appreciated

Thanks
    -j
    If you work in VBscript then you'll have no problem, the information that you want to send into Flash just use:

basically:

response.write("&varnameinflash=" & server.URLEncode(rstemp("feild1")))

call the page from flash

loadVariablesNum ("mynew.asp", 0, "POST");

boehoe

i'm working my but off to make a flashpoll and roele just have it to download

great job on that roele, nice work you did.