A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Tell me about Kool Moves

Could someone give me a description on what Kool moves does and advantages with Kool moves. Also I know it’s cheap but still is it worth it? Thanks for your time.

Super Moderator
    Other people can pipe in but I would first point you to the web site if you haven't been there -- http://www.koolmoves.com and look at FAQ and functionality links.

It all depends on what you are wanting to do,

Kool Moves is a simple program to create Flash animations. It has almost no learning curve. One can literally download the program and start using it. The trade off is that it is lacking in some of the scripting and control of objects. Kool Moves will also create Frames that can be imported into other programs like; MS Media Producer, Giff Maker, Real Producer, Quick Time, ETC..

If you are only interested in text effects and straight line animations then I would recomend Swish. If you are looking for a program that will create AVI, Flash, and is interoprable with adobe products with some degree of complexity then I would suggest Live Motion. If you want to create games or really complicated SWF files then Flash is what you need. If you are looking to do animation with some simple action scripts and don't have the time or the motivation to learn complicated software then Kool Moves is the program for you.