A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: mac --> pc

i need to convert a mac font to use an a pc (for swish). Is this possible? How is it done? I think I've tried everything, but without success. There MUST be a way.
    Please inform me.

uhh, ya

Thanks. Only, I need to convert MAC fonts to PC fonts, not the other way around. I have a feeling it isnt possible. Can anyone prove me wrong (please).

oops

try this.

i cant get it to work

This seems like exactly what I need, but it wont work for me. Apparently I'm not copying the fonts from the mac correctly to keep the fork intact. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do to keep this fork intact. Any Ideas?

Hey FlashAaron, I'm just new here on this site, I'm looking around but I think I can help you with the following link, try this one: http://www.fontlab.com/html/transtype.html , there you can find Transtype 2.0.
    Also as a mac-user I used this fontconverter last week, a very good program!
    The only thing is: it's not free, but you can get a trialversion for three days, but that would be enough.
    Hope I could help you
    greetings

Thanks

I'll try that fontlab app. Looks good. Thanks a lot for your help. Much appreciated.

done with pleasure!
    greetings

the help on crossfont should have info on how to extract files to preserve the resources

if u use fontographer u can convert any fonts to what ever format, open the font aand under file-generate font u can choose which platform u would like the font for.

i looked into that actually

And it is EXACTLY what I need. HOWEVER, I cant justify spending that kind of LOOT on a font converter. (Unless anyone knows of a DISCOUNT software dealer with this app?) Macromedia could get off their HIGH HORSE a little don't you think? FONTLAB's font converter app does exactly what i need for nearly 1/4 the price, and ADOBE supplies a FREE ATM that will install the fonts on my pc.!

So thanks hip_atrip for your help.

you dont have to buy the software, u can get the trial version, and if it works for you then possibly buy it, alternativly (and i dont promote this) you can use a crack version so when you make some reall money out of your skills then buy a proper version, i dont doo this but a lot of students do, you cant blame them, how else are they going to afford applications that can cost between £300/$300
    to £1000/$1000

i dont know, capitolism eh

can you help me locate a trial version?

I went to the macromedia download site but there was no option to download a trial version of fontographer for mac. Is there another place I can find it?

give me your email address , i got the trial installer on a mac user cd it wont work on my machine any more cause the 'timer ' ran out,, oh well i could mail it to yer
    [Edited by phaty on 11-13-2001 at 06:38 PM]