A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do/ did you get the "STRAP/CANE" at school ??

FK Official Mechanic
    Trust your mechanic

Originally posted by Napalm
    Originally posted by Dolbadarn
    We were too scared to do anything bad.
    A couple of my friends at school got the strap.....the teacher(Mr Christian) would lay 3 pieces of chalk across your palm and proceed to turn them to powder. Scary man.
    I was put on the "hot seat" a few times. It was outside the principals office and any teacher that felt like it could pay out on you.
    We had a teacher that was 7 foot tall that used a broomstick. The marks would sit 4-6 weeks on your butt.
    Yeeooowwwww!!!!!!!

when I was in grade 2 or 3...can't remember...I got the strap. [i}as the thick 1cm leather belt of the junior school principal slapped my tiny hand...a cry burst forth. it didn't stop until 5-10 mins later. During that time, my hand had this pulsating sensation that neither tickled nor hurt - an inbetween that was unbearable. The meat in my hand had sunk 0.5 - 1 cm due to the belt.[/i] I'll never forget that day. I've also received the paddle. It's basically a smack...but at school. I got it from grade 4 till year 7. in year 8, I told myself, I don't want to get it anymore. It had almost become a prerequisite for every year, but I didn't want it anymore. Plus...my butt was kinda getting sore

I don't think that 2.5 mill can be justified over a strap/cane though. It's just not right I dont think

UNified
    Its interesting Chewman...$2.5 mill but he did loose the full use of his hand for the rest of his life!!!!

Originally posted by jofta
    Its interesting Chewman...$2.5 mill but he did loose the full use of his hand for the rest of his life!!!!
    wow! Ok then...I take that back! If it was for disciplinary reasons...then I don't think it could have been justified...but that! That was in my clear opinion abuse...and that just isn't on.

Former Employee of Satan Napalm's Avatar
    Our class was notorious throughout my highschool career, we reduced 4 female teachers to tears, 1 teacher told us "stuff you" and walked out of class, and 1 student teacher quit his studies after 1 period with us.

In all the cases we got hit, we fully deserved it. We started holding competitions to see who would get smacked the most in a year - for every time you got smacked you would make a black mark on the inside of your tie. At the end of the year 90% of us were walking around with black ties.

Got the cane once (well six times at once) cus i was on bell duty that day and insisted on ringing the bell for the end of class too early! Other than that I had a maths teacher years later who could clip your ear at thirty paces with a piece of chalk (without even facing you, I swear!)

In a cavern, in a canyon,
    Excavating for a mine,
    Dwelt a miner, forty-niner
    And his daughter Clementine.
    Oh my darling, Clementine

Quote from SMH (Sydney Morning Herald) today

"DAMAGES APPEAL
    Strapped man stripped of $2.5m payout
    A man awarded more than $2.5 million earlier this year for being strapped at school 17 years ago was today stripped of his payout. The NSW Court of Appeal today ordered a new trial on how much Paul Hogan should get."
    Gee ... that's a real shame.

Here they send home permission slips ~ corporal punishment yes/no.

"Paul Hogan"...you mean Crocodile Dundee?

In this pic he's clearly demonstrating the damage to his hand.

Originally posted by Stickman
    "Paul Hogan"...you mean Crocodile Dundee?

In this pic he's clearly demonstrating the damage to his hand.
    hehe! yeah the only position he can hold it in is the bong/smoking sign

9th Grade WC
    Quote from SMH (Sydney Morning Herald) today

"DAMAGES APPEAL
    Strapped man stripped of $2.5m payout
    A man awarded more than $2.5 million earlier this year for being strapped at school 17 years ago was today stripped of his payout. The NSW Court of Appeal today ordered a new trial on how much Paul Hogan should get."
    paul hogan??
    that's not crocodile dundee is it