A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Flash 6 Features Revealed

Check out http://www.flashmagazine.com for more details...

We never expected this, but lots of the features of the upcoming Flash X was revealed today in Amsterdam. Here's a short list:

First of all, the GUI will be improved with more dockable panels and some really neat Property Inspectors. These will be much like in DreamWeaver and you will be able to customize these and other GUI components within the program itself. Layers may be sorted in folders and collapsed and moved around, The SmartClips are now even smarter and interacting with your authoring content. An example was made, making a textField and dragging a scrollbar SmartClip next to it. The Scrollbar snapped to the textField and instantly worked on the Field.

There's a free transform tool, live preview of clips inside the authoring envionment, the Back-button is (hopefully) to work within the Browser, better debugging and script editing and much more.

The list goes on and there was revealed too much to mention her, but expect a full roundup with images here on FlashMagazine.com soon!
    All sounds VERY interesting!

Josh Dura

coool...

live preview of clips inside the authoring envionment,
    About ******* time!

FK Board Crew
    Thank You.......

FlashKit Joker
    Yep sounds interesting. But there was no release date revealed. But that doesn't matter I'm still figuring out flash 5

Keep us updated

that rocks! I hope aria and cruise were there first hand to hear it!

i like the sound of the smart clip stuff, if they had a working demo up there i wonder how ling until a release? Another 6 months tops i would guess.

Former Employee of Satan Napalm's Avatar
    Perhaps Mark and Jezza could (again) provide us with early screenshots

yep!

Cruise and Aria saw it! Cruise was telling us about it on StudioWhiz http://www.studiowhiz.com/_boards/sh...=&threadid=276

take a look!

Seth

p.s. my username over there is 'sethweathers'

Jeez... I'm only just figuring out smartclips now!!! And I'm going to have to learn all over again....

man.. it was almost yesterday that we had to make the jump from flash 4 to 5 ... now 6 comes along.... give us a chance to adjust.. please!!!
    i know of one person for sure who can't wait for it.. or probably even helped make it: JD ! (joshua davis) .. my mentor