A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Anyone got anything good to say abot flash 5 ?

I want to install it but now youve all made me frightened.....

Downloaded the trial.... is it worth it ?

and can it easily be removed or will i have to reinstall 4 ?

my head hurts..........

You can have flash 3 and 4 installed on the same machine. So download it and try it out!

Flash 5 is different from flash 4, so with the difference of any program, there is a learning curve. Wait until people get use to it and you will see positive feedback.

In trying to learn the new syntax changes. My books are on back order so it will be awhile until i grasp the full potiental of flash 5.

I still have Flash 4 installed and both run fine.

The only problem you will have is that if you open a Flash 4 file in Flash 5 and make any changes, it converts a lot of the script so you won't be able to open those fla's in 4 again.

As for the program, I think it is MUCH better than 4....definitely worth the time you will spend getting used to it (and you WILL spend a good deal of time getting used to it....but you won't regret it).

- Eric

q-god: just install Flash 5 and do not delete your Flash 4 version. Flash 5 is great. What are you afraid of? The Flash 5 player?

Personally, I didn't find Flash 5 to be that great. First of all, I hate working with panels! I don't know why Macromedia considers this to be such a "great" feature. I think they're annoying and combersome, and I hate having to constantly bring up and move windows around to see what I'm doing under them.

I wish they would have kept the flash 4 interface...

yeah

Originally posted by Logan
    Personally, I didn't find Flash 5 to be that great. First of all, I hate working with panels! I don't know why Macromedia considers this to be such a "great" feature. I think they're annoying and combersome, and I hate having to constantly bring up and move windows around to see what I'm doing under them.

I wish they would have kept the flash 4 interface...
    You DO know that u can change back to the old interface Logan?

jjf

I think the drawing tools have improved a lot, especially with the addition of the bezier tool. I don't care for the little hand thing when choosing frames, but I am getting used to it. As far as the panels, for the Photoshop junkies out there, I am sure they are welcome, but I am a Corel user, and I could live without them. You can develope a strategy to sort,combine and park them. I am waiting to receive the manuals to really get into the the new actionscripting. But all in all it's been a good experience.

I like the new features, and especially the quick launch bar at the bottom. The panels aren't too bad once you set them up, and they take away some of the need for excessive clicking. The new actionscripting window is sooo much better than in Flash 4, and the whole actionscripting experience rules now. All in all I am very satisfied with Macromedia as always

Gosh, flash 5 is a MUST have. Come on, the new feats, functions and stuff aren't here for nothing. You can do MUCH more and MUCH easier with flash 5 than with F4....
    I was making an array/shooping cart swf on F4 for a friend of mine and if I were in flash 5 I would have a MUCH MORE cleaner and faster code than the actual code.
    And the new drawing tools are more effective than the F4 ones.

Well, like it's named, try it...

Regards,
    Leo Lima

http://www.flash5rocks.com