A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Problem with frames and Newbie Questions

Kendals
    Hi i have to make a 10 sec animation, how many frames in flash is that??

And also there is a grey box with a number in next to the frame rate thing in flash 5, is that how long the animation is?

Also i cannot draw that well in flash5 so do you have any suggestions of an animation of 10seconds which kids would like? I been told by some guy do a dancer so i just did a black and white guy dancing, but it looks crap, so any ideas??

Thanks Please let me know.

Kunal

Hey.
    The default for flash is 12 frames per second on frame rate, so to make a 10 second animation, you should have 120 frames filled in. The little grey box is the framerate. it tells you how many frames are played in a second. Once again, on default, it is 12.0 fps (frames per second).
    As for the animation, i recommend making one frame of animation and on the next frame make another one next to it, then erase the first one and put the new one in its place. good luck

Kendals

What you mean?

Hey what you mean by 'then erase the first one and put the new one in its place' ???

Please let me know
    thanks

Originally posted by Punker313
    Hey.
    The default for flash is 12 frames per second on frame rate, so to make a 10 second animation, you should have 120 frames filled in. The little grey box is the framerate. it tells you how many frames are played in a second. Once again, on default, it is 12.0 fps (frames per second).
    As for the animation, i recommend making one frame of animation and on the next frame make another one next to it, then erase the first one and put the new one in its place. good luck

It means making a new frame with the same figure on it, then making another figure to the left of it. when the new figure is done, erase the old figure and put the new figure in its place. in other words, replace the first figure with the second so one picture isnt here and the other ones over there. hope you understand it now

Kendals

Smile Thanks

Hey thanks a lot, do you mind if i send you the animation so you can have a look at what i done so far? Then you can tell me what i can do better.

Thanks

Originally posted by Punker313
    It means making a new frame with the same figure on it, then making another figure to the left of it. when the new figure is done, erase the old figure and put the new figure in its place. in other words, replace the first figure with the second so one picture isnt here and the other ones over there. hope you understand it now

sure, send it over to goldntitan@yahoo.com . I'll let you know what i think.