A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey Graphic Designers!!! Open..

Hey Graphic Designers.. My Name Is Joshua Chance one of the webmaster of http://www.hiphophangout.tv and http://www.rapsearch.com. We really need your help, see the holiday season is coming around and we want to get out some merchandise with in this next week, I have created some designs, but really need some different type of looks then the traditional graphic designer.. In exchange, I will promote all those who contribute, with a dedication on our main page and also shopping area ex: (designed by: your name with link). This will give you a great way to get more publicity, so I really hope you all can help me out with a couple looks, more the merrier actually..

I'm looking for some really nice hip hop image on the front and on the back says our website http://www.hiphophangout.tv maybe right under the collar area. You can email me at kaotixdesigns@aol.com or just post hereI'll leave the email notification on.. thanks a lot.

Sincerely,
    Joshua Chance and Team..
    hiphophangout.tv
    rapsearch.com
    killamail.com
    rapaudio.com
    lyricmania.com

P.s. Please create a T-Shirt and other product "friendly" design, other wise we cannot use them

How about cash? We like cash!

Heaven is made
    of 1's and 0's

Hahaha.. OH wow.

All I can say is WELCOME to flashkit.com

Hahaha.. OH no. lol

If I had the cash to give, I would have went else where and purchased some designs, I'm asking for help"?" in return for simple advertising.. If that someone or some people are willing to help I'd appreciate it..

chillin like rrrrreally hard tijsch's Avatar
    Could you give us some more details...

FK's official coffee addict gasbag15's Avatar
    Do you think anyone will actually go to your site, see our links and think,"Oohh, I wanna hire a designer!"??

hehe
    what does this look like peeps?

I think it looks like a bit of a 2A image which has kust cropped

Sauguät

Originally posted by kaotix designs
    Hahaha.. OH no. lol

If I had the cash to give, I would have went else where and purchased some designs
    What!?! We're not good enough for cash?!?!

No.. Seriously if I had the money I would, I mean I am not making barley any profit on our merchandise. It's just for mainly advertising our site more. I can design some looks, but like I said, need a different designers feel to it. My resources for graphic designers are limited, I don't know many people I could ask to help me out with this dilemma, so I thought I would try this approach and maybe I can find some support. What type of price range where you thinking about visionary? do you have a website with your featured work or portfolio?

Originally posted by phatey
    hehe
    what does this look like peeps?

I think it looks like a bit of a 2A image which has kust cropped
    It looks like??????

He just took a screenshot of one of the 2a desktop-modules and then made a little frame around it....

tsk tsk tsk tsk...

haha.. phatey I was sent some wallpapers and some different images to use.. I used a background graphic, I dont know where it came from. so, yes I used a background image, so what?

listen damn I was just asking for some help, and you all can't offer it, then you all start picking everything apart, why? (well some of you).. what ever

so what? well umm...I don't know what you call it...but I call it plagarism!

You asked for help...and no one is willing to help because they want money and not a link in return. Hey,I'd be happy to help, I just got no time mate.

Sauguät

listen damn I was just asking for some help, and you all can't offer it, then you all start picking everything apart, why? (well some of you).. what ever
    We're just kidding (for teh most part) kaotix. Don't worry, It's just our way of welcoming new people I'm sure you'll find some help here! As for the screen shot; it's just that it looks like one of our pet peeves!

gasbag15: "Do you think anyone will actually go to your site, see our links and think,"Oohh, I wanna hire a designer!"??" -- Actually people do gasbag15, it's called cross promotions. I'm sure you have your cliental but you also know word of mouth is the best advertising. That increases more traffic to your site from a different genera. So tell me then without everyone making it some big ordeal, what you all would charge or just email me.

gasbag15: "Do you think anyone will actually go to your site, see our links and think,"Oohh, I wanna hire a designer!"??" -- Actually people do gasbag15, it's called cross promotions. I'm sure you have your cliental but you also know word of mouth is the best advertising. That increases more traffic to your site from a different genera. So tell me then without everyone making it some big ordeal, what you all would charge or just email me.

whatever are you talking about?

We're just kidding (for teh most part) kaotix. Don't worry, It's just our way of welcoming new people I'm sure you'll find some help here! As for the screen shot; it's just that it looks like one of our pet peeves!
    Well then thanks for the overwhelming warm welcome, lol. Also, I used a graphic I was sent, no intentions on using someone elses work.. just needed a nice image for a background, that image will change in the future.

Also about that question from gasbag15, how you think I found about this site, and how do you think people I talk to will find out about this site, so-on-and-so-on, but look if money is the issue, then let me know some prices. thank's again.

ohh.. forget it. If anyone is willing to help me just please email me, don't feel like explaining my self every post.

resolved creation for help

Do YOU want something that is connected to christmas? I can do it if you can help me with some action-script problem: Idrag and drop an object into a certain position. then I want an action like LoadMovie or StartSound to accur.

This is the code of my object (button inside movie clip):

on (press) {
    this.startDrag();
    }
    on (release, releaseOutside) {
    this.stopDrag();
    // 50 pixels around the center of "drop" is the hit area
    if (_x>_root.drop._x-50 && _x<_root.drop._x+50 && _y>_root.drop._y-50 && _y<_root.drop._y+50) {
    _x = _root.drop._x;
    _y = _root.drop._y;
    }
    }

No offense, but there are usually a few posts a week where someone comes in and asks for "help". Basically their saying. "Do my work for me for free, I will add a measly link to your site".

Well, most of us in here are graphic designers, but not neccesarily charity organizations. We are trying just as hard to get work, and to get paid for that work, just like you are.

Its extremely easy for you to have someone else do your work, and just put a link to someone elses site. To be honest, most people dont want to work for free, just to have a link on someone elses site that isnt mainstream.
    I dont think its worth it for someone to spend hours worth of time in the hopes that someone will visit your site, and in turn click on a link to their own site. This whole cross promotion thing is a bunch of BS and you know it. Unless Amazon.com comes in here and says what you said, I wont take it seriously.

If your serious, offer work, and then offer a price. Otherwise, expect the responses you have seen here.

Peace

Email me, or anyone else in this board, if you are interested in paying for our work. My email link is below my footer.
    [Edited by Visionray on 11-15-2001 at 04:35 AM]

Originally posted by Visionray
    No offense, but there are usually a few posts a week where someone comes in and asks for "help". Basically their saying. "Do my work for me for free, I will add a measly link to your site".

Well, most of us in here are graphic designers, but not neccesarily charity organizations. We are trying just as hard to get work, and to get paid for that work, just like you are.

Its extremely easy for you to have someone else do your work, and just put a link to someone elses site. To be honest, most people dont want to work for free, just to have a link on someone elses site that isnt mainstream.
    I dont think its worth it for someone to spend hours worth of time in the hopes that someone will visit your site, and in turn click on a link to their own site. This whole cross promotion thing is a bunch of BS and you know it. Unless Amazon.com comes in here and says what you said, I wont take it seriously.

If your serious, offer work, and then offer a price. Otherwise, expect the responses you have seen here.

Peace

cheers....