A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hey Graphic Designers!!! Open..

[QUOTE]Originally posted by kaotix designs
    Also, I used a graphic I was sent, no intentions on using someone elses work.. just needed a nice image for a background, that image will change in the future.
    for a professional site you should get copyright clearance on any third party stuff you use, it's your responsibility under the law, unless you have a signed document or mou saying it's the other guy's responsibility.

just thought you should know, especially as 2advanced are pretty familiar with the lawyer side of things

good luck with your site.

True, I can respect that visionary. It's easy to imagine the frequently asked questions that are about graphic designs. I mean this is a graphic resource web site, am I correct or did it change recently. It's like my website for example, I cannot expect my members not to get sarcastic when a new member asks a question that's always asked, especially about hip hop music, but you can't expect me not get that typical question all the time, when I own a hip hop site (see what IM saying). Also about cross promotions your right it's better for major companies, because you will of course get more out of the deal. but I was looking for some help, either people can offer the help or not, but there is really no need for people to not offer the help and still get sarcastic about it. I'm not really looking for a two hour piece of work, just something simple. I'm not looking for the most respected graphic artist to do charity work, just someone who creates nice work and doesn't mind making something sweet. I was in no way trying to take the work off of me, but would like to see different type of people art used for my web site, mainly cause I'm still learning design techniques myself, needed someone with a little more skill. But really visionary thanks a lot for at least some good opinions.

I mean this is a graphic resource web site, am I correct or did it change recently.
    umm...sorry to be pedantic about this...but no...it isn't a graphic resource website...it's a flash resource website.

Originally posted by kaotix designs
    True, I can respect that visionary. It's easy to imagine the frequently asked questions that are about graphic designs. I mean this is a graphic resource web site, am I correct or did it change recently. It's like my website for example, I cannot expect my members not to get sarcastic when a new member asks a question that's always asked, especially about hip hop music, but you can't expect me not get that typical question all the time, when I own a hip hop site (see what IM saying). Also about cross promotions your right it's better for major companies, because you will of course get more out of the deal. but I was looking for some help, either people can offer the help or not, but there is really no need for people to not offer the help and still get sarcastic about it. I'm not really looking for a two hour piece of work, just something simple. I'm not looking for the most respected graphic artist to do charity work, just someone who creates nice work and doesn't mind making something sweet. I was in no way trying to take the work off of me, but would like to see different type of people art used for my web site, mainly cause I'm still learning design techniques myself, needed someone with a little more skill. But really visionary thanks a lot for at least some good opinions.
    cool. That was well said. I understand now. Like I said, email me details of what you want and I'll see what I can do.

"for a professional site you should get copyright clearance on any third party stuff you use, it's your responsibility under the law, unless you have a signed document or mou saying it's the other guy's responsibility.

just thought you should know, especially as 2advanced are pretty familiar with the lawyer side of things "

Hmm.. I'll check into that, Its not like I did it deliberately or stole there whole theme, I used a single piece of graphic cause it looked nice. No problem on changing it - if I find out otherwise, so I'll probably be changing that background to something different. Didn't know if the image copy written. Thanks for your opinion with a little bit of threat, appreciate it.

Okay guys, lay off the guy already!

Thanks Azaraelle, I'm really proud of my self, I took there harsh comments and didn't respond negative back. Anything else you would like to say, cause honestly I didn't think this was considered a popular topic. I even thought I would have to up this thread several times before getting someone to reply.

Anyway thank you visionary and tijsch, I appreciate your support.

Hmm.. I'll check into that, Its not like I did it deliberately or stole there whole theme, I used a single piece of graphic cause it looked nice. No problem on changing it - if I find out otherwise, so I'll probably be changing that background to something different. Didn't know if the image copy written. Thanks for your opinion with a little bit of threat, appreciate it.
    only friendly advice, not a threat, just a fact, i know a guy that lost AU$40k because of a similar copyright infringement. Everything is copyrighted, there is no copyright registration, it is automatic. There is only no infringement if there is permission from the copyright holder.

you gotta be aware of these things man, i've seen what a court can do. To be honest with you i doubt 2advanced would bother with you, but you never know, and these are things that any professional should know. Ignorance is no defence.

hmm.. I thought in order for it to be a copywrite infringement they would have to prove that I used commercially to make a prophet for my site, In no way did I use 750 x 60 images to make a profit. If they prosecute me because I used an image, then they would have to prosecute 90% of the Internet who download mp3's illegally or the other percentage who crack software or making a copy of Salvador Dali's work... I truly think I'd be that last one on there list, but then again like you said why risk that.. I'll change the image, I didn't know who it belonged too, I just had a few images I got and used the background.. But I respect other peoples work so then again if they considerate abusing it, then I'll remove it on that reason alone, not the legal issue.

look man i'm just trying to help. You don't have to gain profit from the image to be prosecuted for using it illegally, if it's on a commercial/professional web site you're liable, there are numerous ways to infringe copyright, unless you're using it for private educational purposes or private research, you're infringing.

if i were you i would want to be aware of what i was doing and what i was liable for, i guess your casual reaction to being told that the image you're using is not copyright free was a little shocking so i wanted let you know what the general deal is.

what you do is up to you.

No don't take my replies out of content, I said what I said. And I really appreciate your opinion, you really saved me the problems that could result into loosing my site, so for that Im grateful. Also like someone else told me (Not Mentioning Names), they too used 2 advanced ideas a few times like majority has. Its just that I was victim to a topic previously posted about this.. I have changed the image, IM gonna upload it now.. and work on a new bg later. thanks a lot man, I appreciate it.

chillin like rrrrreally hard tijsch's Avatar
    Kaotix:

the image at the top of your forum is very good!

Why don't you use that instead of the 2a pic?

Yeah I'll think of something.. I just leaving it with a blank blue for now, so I changed it.. okay no more harassing me about it.. lol..

hmm.. I thought in order for it to be a copywrite infringement they would have to prove that I used commercially to make a prophet for my site, In no way did I use 750 x 60 images to make a profit.
    They wouldn't have to prove anything, the fact that you have used it would be enough.

If they prosecute me because I used an image, then they would have to prosecute 90% of the Internet who download mp3's illegally or the other percentage who crack software or making a copy of Salvador Dali's work... I truly think I'd be that last one on there list, but then again like you said why risk that..[/B]
    Except people who rip off Dali's work don't email his friends, brothers and associates to ask for a similiarly good piece of work. MP3's are a different kettle of fish sonny.

I'll change the image, I didn't know who it belonged too, I just had a few images I got and used the background..
    I believe you, don't do it again.

But I respect other peoples work
    Good boy.

so then again if they considerate abusing it, then I'll remove it on that reason alone, not the legal issue.
    It is severe abuse, I'd remove it before Eric and the crew have seen it. Good luck on your looking for free work.

thanks that was really helpfull..