A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Duplicate Movie Problem

Hey Mook,
    make one big empty movie clip and paste your movies within. Drag the big one. Just idea.
    Mad-Sci

Question

I need it so when you go over 5 or six clips it drags all five or six. Instead it only drags one till you stop dragging it and go onto the next one. Any one else got an idea?

May this is impossible.

Lightbulb

You should be able to use a standard mouse tracker (see the flash kit movies section) to watch the position of your mouse pointer (use a small looping movie cilp to continually check the mouse location). Then "On (Down)" set a variable like "dragging = 1", and set "dragging" back to 0 in the "On (Release)" event. Then in your loopling movie clip (which is watching the mouse) you can put code such that "If (dragging = 1)" it will check the position of all the draggable objects (Get Property), then compare them all to the current mouse position and move the 5 closest (Set Property) to match the position of the mouse.

Does that make sense?

Basically, you will be writing your own drag code. No, that is not a simple task, but I do not see any other way to accomplish what you want. It will take a bit of work, but it will work.

<EMBED src="/cgi-bin/ubb/Members/sigs/00000205.swf" quality=high WIDTH=500 HEIGHT=50 TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"> </EMBED>

Question

I am currently working a a flash verison of Wild Willy (You know, the guy with no hair and you use a magnet to put some hair on his beard and head)

I have run into a problem that stumps me because I swear it hasen't happened in the past. I want it so it drags multiple movie clips at once, but I can only get it to drag one at a time. Any ideas?

Mook

Talking

Makes a little sense. I follow the idea and will put it to the test when I get some time.
    Thanks for your help....

Mook