A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: * Do loaded movies always go on top? Want to use cursor*

I'm trying to use an SWF file that I made in Swish which has clickable text and stuff. It's like a quiz. Now, what I want to do with this is to "sandwich" it between a F5 background and a custom cursor! Sounds cool, right? But, if the loaded Swish movie is always on top, this won't work... Is there a workaround or some other hack that I can use? In the meantime, I'll be checking out the F5 manual. Thanks for any help you can offer!
    Nick

Senior Moderator ®
    FK´s Banning Machine ™
    It depends on what level you are loading the ovie into .
    level 0 will only show the new movie level and if you load it into 1 you can mix them .

Thanks for the reply!!

So, I can load the background into level0 (main movie) and the Swish movie in level1 and then the custom cursor in level2? Is that how it works? And if so, I'm hoping the cursor will still be able to click the Swish movie's buttons... (^^;; I'm going to give this a try.
    Thanks again, Nick

Next question...

Loading the Swish swf file into a new level is easy enough. What I'd really like to know is how I would go about placing the custom cursor "above" the loaded Swish movie... You know, the mouse is a movie clip. Is it possible to load a single movie clip into a new level by itself?...
    Thanks, Nick