A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Sounds in a Flash Movie

I have created a sort of dj loop room and am using multiple loops. However, when I try to a loop I can't seem to be able to stop another loop and the therefore the two loops play over each other. Plus when I try to stop one loop, it stops them all.The buttons for these loops are all on the same layer, is that the problem.
    If not, then could someone help on this topic that has being bugging me for days!!

Hey I am having the same problem under close circumstances. I have three music segments. A fade in, a loop, and a fade out. The music fades in and continues to loop until the button is pressed, that changes the variable and once it gets to the end of the loop it continues through to the fade out. The problem is that the start of the loop sounds like there are two loops playing at the start. I even put an empty space in front of it and started the playhead there, but that creates an extra long silent moment. Any insight would be appreciated.

Question

Hi

First i would make a layer for every loop

Like Tracks on a recorder.
    Layer1 (LOOP1)Fade in
    Layer2 (LOOP2)main
    Layer3 (Loop3)Fade out

Then Make buttons for them...
    And just experiment till you get it.

[This message has been edited by jydnas (edited 13 March 2000).]

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith

Cool

You can use the Stop all sound command and then call the new loop. that will stop the first loop and start the new one in one action: The code will look like this:

On (Press)
    Stop All Sounds
    Begin Tell Target ("musicclip")
    Go to and Play (2)
    End Tell Target
    End On

each of your sound loops should be a seperate "movie clip" with two frames the first blank with a stop action and the second has the music in it that loops lets say 100,000 times. Regards, Bill

------------------
    Macromedians 1:1

In the beginning the web was without shape and color, and the hype covered the darkness of the net. Then there was a Flash and life came to the web and vision became reality.
    <EMBED src="/cgi-bin/ubb/Members/sigs/00000100.swf" quality=high WIDTH=375 HEIGHT=75 TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"> </EMBED>